Locker safety switch

Looking at it though it'd likely be harder to re-solder the existing light for different function than it would be to solder the new one in like that poster did.

Thanks man- the Gold Coast is a 3 wire set up I think, for what its worth-

Is there not a way to direct wire their orange light to the illum. Circuit?

Not easily. Here's a schematic from one of their Amazon listings:

1707326408451.png

And here's a schematic I drew showing what's happening inside their switch:

1707326578155.png

They intend for you to connect their switch on the positive side of the circuit controlling a load (like the coil of a relay). Then, when you close the switch, the load is energized. The only reason there is a ground lead from the switch is to light the internal light bulb, which is lit when the switch is closed.

There are ways to do different things with the switch, but they involve some electrical knowledge and extra components (relays, diodes). In some cases, modifying the switch itself might be required as shown in that other post.

I'm not a fan of those switches. The Carling Contura switches are so much more flexible, and not much bigger. My LJ will eventually have all the stock switches replaced with Carlings. I considered using the GCD switches (for about ten seconds)...

Not easily. Here's a schematic from one of their Amazon listings:

View attachment 498413

And here's a schematic I drew showing what's happening inside their switch:

View attachment 498430

They intend for you to connect their switch on the positive side of the circuit controlling a load (like the coil of a relay). Then, when you close the switch, the load is energized. The only reason there is a ground lead from the switch is to light the internal light bulb, which is lit when the switch is closed.

There are ways to do different things with the switch, but they involve some electrical knowledge and extra components (relays, diodes). In some cases, modifying the switch itself might be required as shown in that other post.

I'm not a fan of those switches. The Carling Contura switches are so much more flexible, and not much bigger. My LJ will eventually have all the stock switches replaced with Carlings. I considered using the GCD switches (for about ten seconds)...

Geeeze- man thanks - that explains my crazy “locker toggle” issue when I had the light working as they were activated.

Thanks again

Andy