Long Arm Upgrade

Miked33

OK question for all of you guru's out here is Jeep land. I have a 2005 LJ with an old and seems pretty worn out 6" Fabtech long arm lift. It was put on the rig long before I owned it, no adjustability in the arms, they are pretty loose and worn, I looked into new bushings but really would like some adjustability in the arms to help with the pinion angle.

I don't think it was done the best when it was lifted but that could just be my OCD kicking in. Any recommendations for a replacement for this? I don't want to have to go cutting off brackets on my axles if I don't have too. Or do i just look at buying some johnny joints and building my own arms? Running 35's.

Thanks
Mike

OK question for all of you guru's out here is Jeep land. I have a 2005 LJ with an old and seems pretty worn out 6" Fabtech long arm lift. It was put on the rig long before I owned it, no adjustability in the arms, they are pretty loose and worn, I looked into new bushings but really would like some adjustability in the arms to help with the pinion angle.

I don't think it was done the best when it was lifted but that could just be my OCD kicking in. Any recommendations for a replacement for this? I don't want to have to go cutting off brackets on my axles if I don't have too. Or do i just look at buying some johnny joints and building my own arms? Running 35's.

Thanks
Mike
Since you mentioned you prefer to keep the brackets where they are and not modify the suspension, I suggest getting johnny joints at both ends of each link and buying DOM links or have Summit Machine or even Wide Open Designs build you links that match your current links.

I suggest getting johnny joints at both ends of each link and buying DOM links or have Summit Machine or even Wide Open Designs build you links that match your current links.
My RockKrawler long arm joints were shot. I shortened the arms and replaced them with Johnny joints. It was a very substantial improvement in drive and ride quality. I did it myself but it took some tools that not everyone has. I agree with the recommendation to have them built and make sure they're adjustable.

Reactions: AndyG
My RockKrawler long arm joints were shot. I shortened the arms and replaced them with Johnny joints. It was a very substantial improvement in drive and ride quality. I did it myself but it took some tools that not everyone has. I agree with the recommendation to have them built and make sure they're adjustable.
Very cool

Very good posts- the bushings are where it’s at. I’m not ruling out long arms and mid arm and all that , but Until you get into mid arm geometry it seems that what guys need to really look at is the quality of the joints they’re going to end up with.

Reactions: Grant Lasson