Look Ma, No leaks (yet)

Alvin A

60D5168E-D4BE-4923-AFD3-AC4CD8B66A6F.jpeg
It rained all weekend in Florida and after getting estimates between $460 and $625 to replace my Rear Main Seal, I though it a great opportunity to save some money and learn a little more about my new to me TJ. I haven’t wrenched on a vehicle for quite a while as my wife and I have had new vehicles as daily drivers...but, decided to give it a shot. I took about 4 hours to disassemble as directions on the forum were a little different (I guess due to having an ‘06). It went together a little quicker and soooo far, NO leaks !

Yay, nice job. I fear a RMS job may be in my future after seeing a rather newish looking wet spot while looking my transmission over Did you use those little temporary plastic clips to hold the seal in I recently read were a good idea?

Yay, nice job. I fear a RMS job may be in my future after seeing a rather newish looking wet spot while looking my transmission over Did you use those little temporary plastic clips to hold the seal in I recently read were a good idea?

Fel-Pro included the little piece of white plastic to keep upper seal from getting screwed up while re-assembling. They also included niffty blue screw in clips with their oil pan gasket to temporarily hold gasket and oil pan in place while re-assembling. Would not want to do this project without either!