Looking at installing hood and fender vents / louvers on my TJ

Blkout

Looking at installing hood and fender vents/louvers On my tj.
After driving, I raised the hood and took some temp readings with a temp gun and found the pcm to be 153 degrees and the fuel rail 165. Exhaust 650 degrees ....a lot of heat in the engine bay, especially driving slow. I plan on using heat rap to shield the fuel rail and injectors (Keep from vapor locking) What about the pcm? Heat kills electronics....Heat shield the pcm? Just a thought? Might try to relocate the pcm. Trying to avoid possible headaches:)

I know where you are coming from and although it may seem like strong personalities are detrimental to the helpful nature of this forum the info you get here is pretty darn good. I had a small scrap with MrBlaine when I first posted on here and felt much the same way as you but learned quickly that it isn't worth being negative. I have since come to respect the long timers on here as they've seen and experienced a lot of different stuff. I don't need to agree with everything they say but I would be foolish to not listen.

I like the Genright vent, but figure this is mostly cosmetic. I've never overheated or even come close. I might get one eventually. I'd be more motivated if I actually had problems with heat.

Hood_GR.jpg