Looking for a 5.9L Magnum swap wiring harness

Wojoe

Hi I am currently doing a 5.9L swap in my TJ. Looking to hire someone to build the wiring harness? I have a 2000 TJ 4.0L with an auto trans. I have a 2000 Durango 5.9L with an auto trans for the doner. Wiring this thing is not my strong point.

@Chris I don't think Novak does but I could be wrong.

@Wojoe some of the best advice I have read on doing this is to take both wiring diagrams to some place like OfficeMax and get them to print them out on briefing boards. This way it is large enough to draw on. You need both for the truck and the Jeep.

Then take a 4x8' sheet of plywood and use it to lay out the wiring harness. Use nails to hold each plug this way it isn't just a bundle of plugs sitting on your work bench. There is a 170 page thread on JF with a lot of great information in it. This is where I got these ideas from.

Yes HotWire is PROUD of their stuff. When I did my swap I paid $700 to have the wiring done and had to go back and fix some of the wiring because it wasn't done correctly. In hindsight I wish I had done it myself.

Reactions: Wojoe
Are you going to go with a manual transmission or an auto? Your Durango most likely comes with the SKIM in the PCM so you will either have to get that turned off or get a different PCM. A forum member from Canada just went thru this and was having issues finding a PCM that doesn't have the SKIM activated.

Are you going to go with a manual transmission or an auto? Your Durango most likely comes with the SKIM in the PCM so you will either have to get that turned off or get a different PCM. A forum member from Canada just went thru this and was having issues finding a PCM that doesn't have the SKIM activated.
Auto trans

Reactions: Gollywomper
@Chris I don't think Novak does but I could be wrong.

@Wojoe some of the best advice I have read on doing this is to take both wiring diagrams to some place like OfficeMax and get them to print them out on briefing boards. This way it is large enough to draw on. You need both for the truck and the Jeep.

Then take a 4x8' sheet of plywood and use it to lay out the wiring harness. Use nails to hold each plug this way it isn't just a bundle of plugs sitting on your work bench. There is a 170 page thread on JF with a lot of great information in it. This is where I got these ideas from.

Yes HotWire is PROUD of their stuff. When I did my swap I paid $700 to have the wiring done and had to go back and fix some of the wiring because it wasn't done correctly. In hindsight I wish I had done it myself.
do you have a link to that 170 page thread?

RangerRick used the donor wiring harness but in the JF thread most of those people used the Jeep harness and added the needed wiring to the Jeep harness. If you are starting with a 6 cyl you are only adding 2 new wires for the added injectors.
Then adding the circuit for the transmission. You need to add a relay to the PDC for the transmission. There is more to it but this is some of the basics.

Here is a link to that thread.
https://bit.ly/2CSNooS