Looking for a aftermarket hardtop

matt4282

I’m looking to buy an aftermarket hardtop. Where I live I can’t find any oem hardtops for sale. If anyone has any experience with aftermarket hardtops could you point me in the right direction or let me know what brands to avoid. Thanks

I'm looking as well. I've looked at Rally Tops, but some reviews aren't too good on them. Standing by to see what users have to say. I saw somewhere there was a manufacturer in So Cal making them and they looked pretty nice, interior came lined, can't remember the name.

I wish I could sell my hardtop in an area of need. I can’t even fetch $700 for mine here in the NE.

I'm looking as well. I've looked at Rally Tops, but some reviews aren't too good on them. Standing by to see what users have to say. I saw somewhere there was a manufacturer in So Cal making them and they looked pretty nice, interior came lined, can't remember the name.

That would be Camper King

bulldawgmfg.com
I like the idea of side opening windows. Never seen those before.

114.jpg

OEM. Lots available up here in New England, sucks not many by you.

I have an LJ so locating an OEM hardtop in useable condition for less than $2k was near impossible, so after a long search I went with gr8tops. Pricey, but worth the extra money to me vs the Camperking and others. Whenever I looked up these aftermarket hard tops all I would read was horror stories of leaks and no customer service.

This place is in Houston and appears to have a lot of Jeep stock parts.

https://houston.craigslist.org/ptd/d/houston-jeep-hardtops-hard-doors-1-2/7061357671.html
Screenshot_20200126-103755.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Jamison C
Bad idea IMHO. I have yet to hear of an aftermarket hardtop that doesn't fitment and leaking issues.

Just wait, an OE hardtop will come up for sale. You can always check http://car-part.com

Reactions: skrelnik
Because you can get them for 400-500 in NE

Yup, for some reason we have a ton of TJ hardtops priced between $400 - $1,000 - quality and person dictate the final price. When I was buying my hardtop I did actually look for a used cheap LJ with hard top buy could not find one.

Rally tops aren’t structurally as strong as an OEM top. Rally tops are really light compared to an OEM. You can just tell the OEM hard tops are better just by the weight. Rallytops/Camper king are flimsy.

Yup, for some reason we have a ton of TJ hardtops priced between $400 - $1,000 - quality and person dictate the final price. When I was buying my hardtop I did actually look for a used cheap LJ with hard top buy could not find one.

Hard tops here in SoCal go for at least $1000. $800 will be a steal here

I’m looking to buy an aftermarket hardtop. Where I live I can’t find any oem hardtops for sale. If anyone has any experience with aftermarket hardtops could you point me in the right direction or let me know what brands to avoid. Thanks
The only brand to buy is Mopar. Aftermarket tops are not of the same quality as the factory tops. Dont make the same mistake many have made.

I have a rally top, it’s pretty decent. However you do need to add some electrical tape between in the door jam - between the windscreen frame and the surround.

I’d prefer OEM but finding that for an LJ felt impossible.

In retrospect though, I don’t bother ever putting the hard top on in Colorado - it’s so moderate here that even in the winter we get plenty of nice days to pop out the windows.