Looking for a set of good LED taillights that aren't too pricey

Big-Al

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Can anyone recommend a "good" pair of LED taillights that work and not too pricey? I don't want to do just the bulbs. Tried that and my jeep didn't like them.

Just installed the Quadratec kit last weekend, not the cheapest but plug and play.
took all of 30 minutes including removing PO's flat tow harness
They're very bright and a million times better than the OE's that they replaced

I am running Quadratec LED taillights that come with a factory plug and like them a lot. Look just like factory and the install was dead simple. Super bright as well and cost was reasonable.

Reactions: Silver Surfer
I've run the Quadratec LED kit for 4.5 years with nothing but praise for the performance and ease of installation.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/55213_0114.htm
Light assemblies come with proper electrical connectors and the right flasher relay is included. Worked first time. And the reverse lights are so bright that I gave up on putting aux lighting back there. It's quite dark out here in the Texas Hill Country and I like having bright parking and brake lights. After seeing how well these performed, I sprang for the third brake light LEDs

https://www.quadratec.com/products/55213_095X_PG.htm
For whatever reason, lots of clowns like to tailgate my Jeep and I feel better with these very bright lights back there.

Reactions: Ephry73
I am running Quadratec LED taillights that come with a factory plug and like them a lot. Look just like factory and the install was dead simple. Super bright as well and cost was reasonable.
I've run the Quadratec LED kit for 4.5 years with nothing but praise for the performance and ease of installation.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/55213_0114.htm
Light assemblies come with proper electrical connectors and the right flasher relay is included. Worked first time. And the reverse lights are so bright that I gave up on putting aux lighting back there. It's quite dark out here in the Texas Hill Country and I like having bright parking and brake lights. After seeing how well these performed, I sprang for the third brake light LEDs

https://www.quadratec.com/products/55213_095X_PG.htm
For whatever reason, lots of clowns like to tailgate my Jeep and I feel better with these very bright lights back there.
very cool. thank you both.

Just installed the Quadratec kit last weekend, not the cheapest but plug and play.
took all of 30 minutes including removing PO's flat tow harness
They're very bright and a million times better than the OE's that they replaced
Thanks!

Be careful, most of them don't have side marker lights and others don't have license plate lights and both are required in every state.

Hmm, I might have to look into those. My third brake light isn't bright enough.
BRAKE LIGHT NIGHT (2) (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

When you say your jeep didn't like the bulbs, what do you mean? Like did your turn signals flash really quick? For the rear turn signals, you can just replace your flasher module (or depending on the year, modify the existing one like I did).

When you say your jeep didn't like the bulbs, what do you mean? Like did your turn signals flash really quick? For the rear turn signals, you can just replace your flasher module (or depending on the year, modify the existing one like I did).
I did everything that was suggested to make the changes to led bulbs but for some of reason it wouldn't function correctly. The never lit up. Tried multiple different types. I just figured it'd be best to replace the whole thing.

Reactions: Big-Al
I recently installed these and would recommend them. They're about $100 cheaper than the QTech kit. The downside is you have to reuse your existing connections but that's fairly easy to do.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072VS66SK/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I also added these reflectors in order the stay legal in EVERY state (fact check?)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004L0AC5I/?tag=wranglerorg-20
And this 3rd brake light to top it all off.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N08ZTF8/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Nice, thanks. I'm check them out.

Reactions: SvtLdr
I did everything that was suggested to make the changes to led bulbs but for some of reason it wouldn't function correctly. The never lit up. Tried multiple different types. I just figured it'd be best to replace the whole thing.
Did you do the fronts at the same time? They are wired differently, and you need to modify the wiring.

Did you do the fronts at the same time? They are wired differently, and you need to modify the wiring.
Fronts are done. Even had a shop look into it and it was a no go. I'm just going to replace everything on the rear

I just installed the Quadratec lights last week. Although there are Amazon options that are way cheaper, I liked the plug and play of the Quadratec lights. The main thing I didn't want to do was drill out the area for the bolts on the Amazon versions. Again not a big deal for most, but something I liked not having to do.

Reactions: Big-Al
I just installed the Quadratec "Plug & Play" tail light kit in my '04 Columbia Edition. Maybe I'm an idiot, but it took me FAR more than "15 minutes"! The driver side was super easy; the passenger side, FAR from it! There was NO way that I could access the plug after removing the stock tail light assembly - I had to jack up the right rear, remove the wheel/tire, remove the inner fender well, and then yank on the wiring to get to the plug. Chrysler in their infinite wisdom, gave me ~1" of extra wire to access the plug, after fiddle-fucking around with it (it was totally encased in a stock rubber "condom", BTW) I was finally able to get the plug apart. I had the foresight to attach a piece of wire to the OEM tail light plug as I pulled it through - the plug is close to 1" wide, and there's about 1 1/16" in-between the inner "wall" and the evaporator cannister. I finally got the Quadratec plug through, and attached them. Now I gotta reattach the inner fender well - had to buy all new push-pins, then put the wheel/tire back on....

Maybe it's just me, but *I* found it FAR from easy...

Reactions: Irun
I just installed the Quadratec "Plug & Play" tail light kit in my '04 Columbia Edition. Maybe I'm an idiot, but it took me FAR more than "15 minutes"! The driver side was super easy; the passenger side, FAR from it! There was NO way that I could access the plug after removing the stock tail light assembly - I had to jack up the right rear, remove the wheel/tire, remove the inner fender well, and then yank on the wiring to get to the plug. Chrysler in their infinite wisdom, gave me ~1" of extra wire to access the plug, after fiddle-fucking around with it (it was totally encased in a stock rubber "condom", BTW) I was finally able to get the plug apart. I had the foresight to attach a piece of wire to the OEM tail light plug as I pulled it through - the plug is close to 1" wide, and there's about 1 1/16" in-between the inner "wall" and the evaporator cannister. I finally got the Quadratec plug through, and attached them. Now I gotta reattach the inner fender well - had to buy all new push-pins, then put the wheel/tire back on....

Maybe it's just me, but *I* found it FAR from easy...
2003 and up complicates things a little, due to the emissions equipment located on the passenger side rear corner. Sometimes it can be easy, others not so much. For those with a 2002 and older, it's easy for both.

Reactions: SvtLdr