Looking for advice or reviews on this storage box

@dan lee, don't be discouraged by the SB hate. Some of their stuff is pretty decent. While no one on here might have that, I'd keep looking for reviews. Someone must have something to say about the storage box. If you like it, go for it.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
You have to wonder about one of the negative reviews, though - "did not fit under my seat". Really?? Looking at the photo prior to purchase, did they really expect this to fit under the seat?

I know, that's very true. For what it's worth, I always take negative reviews with a grain of salt, unless I see a very common complaint.

I couldn't find much in terms of reviews on that box though.

I bought it and installed it yesterday, I must say....I Like it, heavy duty box, holds all my crap and then some. I think I still will have room to install 2 rotopax on the inside tailgate.
Good to hear. Most SB 'recommendations' are based on other's opinions, and sometimes on personal experience, but a lot on 'so and so said'.

Everything I've had from them has fit as advertised, was more than adequately strong, and finished as stated.

Just mounted this rotopax today, I typically run a bikini top 95% of the time, i say this because I will get a comment or two about a fuel can inside the cab

IMG_5244.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

Reactions: JP98
I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you plan to keep expensive firearms in there long term or something else valuable. Anything can be broken into. I have a friend who's gun safe was broken into. They took a freakin acetylene/oxy torch into his house and cut thru it. Idiots left the cart and one of the tanks. With prints all over them. Brilliant.

I don't have a smittybilt lockbox but I haven't been disappointed with smittybilt. I've got a smittybilt winch and smittybilt rock sliders and I think a smittybilt rear bumper (it was on it when I got it so I'm not 100% sure). I know this ain't a lock box but I've had no issues and all my stuff is as it was supposed to be and has held up.

My only complaint with smittybilt is their coatings suck. I will not pay 2x as much for a good coating and same steel just for a logo on it. (If I had the money sure! But I don't)

I know some have nothing but issues with smittybilt. Some true some not. There is better, Tuffy, for lockboxes, for example. But they are easily twice as expensive and unless you have things worth the expense I don't see it necessary. (I love the taffy center console!)

Glad your happy with it! Hope it holds up in the long run. Throw an Amazon review on there for fellow jeepers in need of a non biased review haha

Reactions: glwood
I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you plan to keep expensive firearms in there long term or something else valuable. Anything can be broken into. I have a friend who's gun safe was broken into. They took a freakin acetylene/oxy torch into his house and cut thru it. Idiots left the cart and one of the tanks. With prints all over them. Brilliant.

I don't have a smittybilt lockbox but I haven't been disappointed with smittybilt. I've got a smittybilt winch and smittybilt rock sliders and I think a smittybilt rear bumper (it was on it when I got it so I'm not 100% sure). I know this ain't a lock box but I've had no issues and all my stuff is as it was supposed to be and has held up.

My only complaint with smittybilt is their coatings suck. I will not pay 2x as much for a good coating and same steel just for a logo on it. (If I had the money sure! But I don't)

I know some have nothing but issues with smittybilt. Some true some not. There is better, Tuffy, for lockboxes, for example. But they are easily twice as expensive and unless you have things worth the expense I don't see it necessary. (I love the taffy center console!)

Glad your happy with it! Hope it holds up in the long run. Throw an Amazon review on there for fellow jeepers in need of a non biased review haha
Tuffy products are definitely quality. I had their security stereo console in a previous TJ, and now have the under seat security drawer. I like the drawer a lot, and the console also.

Reactions: Tj04
The one I have has these specs:

Part #: 248

Color: Black

Exterior Dimensions: 17 1/4” L x 8 1/4” W x 3 3/16” H

Interior Dimensions: 16 13/16” L x 7” W x 2 7/8” H (2 1/16” clearance under latch bracket)

@dan lee Can you share the internal measurements of the drawer?

I cannot find them anywhere and Smittybilt doesn't appear to know what they are (I spoke to a rep today), I called my local dealer and they don't carry the drawer so I am at a loss.

I specifically want to know the internal height of the drawer, because I intend to use it to store my photography gear, and one of my lenses has its own rigid case that is just over 9.5" on the smallest edge.

Thank you, happy trails!