Looking for ideas on tethering my dog to roll bar

Wolf66

Supporting Member
I have purchased a body harness and a 26" lead/leash that connects to it. Looking for ideas on where/how best to attach that to the roll bars so my dog can move n lay down but not jump out. Also don't want that to damage the speaker pods.

Ive seen folks use a D ring attached to the floor to limit movement, also the side roll bar nets to allow pups to move about as they like but not jump out. Best is throwing the wife or kid in back and seat belting pups in the passenger seat up front ;)

Second attaching to a low point and please keep the leash on the shorter side.

The one time I (as a grown-up) owned a dog, it was leashed in my truck's bed to a truck box and the first stop I came to it jumped out and dangled along the side. My passenger quickly got out and put it back in.

That event (and others less serious) quickly hammered the point that I wasn't a dog guy and I got the dog to an owner who was.

Big fan of a sturdy cargo net. Super strong. Have two block head, dumb ass dogs and they stay inside

241482075_10225586381995765_1124212522551947322_n copy.jpg

I will look at attaching to the floor. See how that goes. I'll keep the nets in mind if it doesn't work out.
Great pic of ur blockheads. My dog ain't the sharpest tool in the shed either! he will definitely jump.

I will look at attaching to the floor. See how that goes. I'll keep the nets in mind if it doesn't work out.
Great pic of ur blockheads. My dog ain't the sharpest tool in the shed either! he will definitely jump.
I run doors off all summer. Have a screen that I bungee between roll cage behind front seats. Keeps them in when I get out

I unbolted the rear seat belt anchor in the center of the tub floor. Then picked up one of these from McMaster-Carr to serve as a tether point. I don't recall the thread size but you get the idea.
https://www.mcmaster.com/eyebolts/system-of-measurement~metric/body-style~with-shoulder/

I promise I will keep my dog safe. I am quite fond of him. I already ordered the body harness. There will be no "dog getting drug down the road by the neck" on my watch. Also why I started this thread...looking for the best ways to let Rex enjoy our new (to us) TJ and stay safe.

I use the Kurgo Auto Zip Line for Dogs.

The leash part has several different sewn loops to quickly change the length. Shorter keeps her in the back on her stage if/when needed and longer lets her up front but only her nose can out the passenger side when doorless.

Kurgo shows a couple different ways to hook it on. I hooked ours over a web intersection on each sides of the cargo net, pretty close to the side bows for the soft top. With just a 19 lb dog I don't think she would make it to the windshield if we hit something head on. I'm not too sure about the medium size dog they have connected to opposite rear seat belts in their picture.
IMG_20200904_124518125_HDR.jpg

FWIW that picture was over a year ago. The Zipline had to be moved up a notch. Still doing it's job.