Looking for input on the Warn Wireless Remote

Personally I am not a fan of the wireless stuff but a lot of folks do so there is that. The HUB seems to be a pretty decent unit I am just not sure about the idea of using my phone as part of the recovery process especially if you wheel in the wet. I guess if you ae using it as a form of in cab control that might be ok. Also if you use winches like the 8274 you have to be extra cautious due to over run from the slight delay between the wireless and what the winch is actually doing.

My Zeon winch came with it. On that one the delay isn’t bad, but it is there.

I’ve only played with the phone control; when I’ve needed the winch I’ve used the wired remote. I also haven’t investigated how the remote does in the rain. It is nice if your phone is mounted in a convenient place.

Eventually I intend to add controls inside the cab. But it’s lower on my list of projects.

I'm very happy with my Zeon Platinum remote but I don't know how well the add on remotes like that work.

I purchased a Warn #90287 wireless remote for my Warn M8-S winch.
It works as intended. No complaints so far.

1696599435115.png

Reactions: L J
Warn 90287
It’s not compatible with the VR/EVO winch

Yeah Warn and the whole debacle with the EVO winches right now leaves a bit to be desired. I was not really a fan of the integrated wireless system that they used and then they changed it for the worse and had to issue a recall. What I do not understand is why the same for HUB the regular winches is compatible with the EVO but the standard wireless is not.

I purchased a Warn #90287 wireless remote for my Warn M8-S winch.
It works as intended. No complaints so far.

View attachment 463524

I have this same one for my M8274, but as BlackJack noted, you have to mind the delay! Can't speak to the reliability, though. Haven't owned it long enough or used it enough to know.

Reactions: Blackjack