Looking for locker recommendations for 2006 TJ

what brand of CHROMOLY FRONT AXLE do you guys like?

No idea what I had before, that is still on the passenger side (upgraded 30 spline) but now have

10007747 - spicer outer shaft on left side​

ZAW38811 - inner USA standard gear inner left side… both 4340 chromolly

Most recommend the revolution gear setup

...I wouldn't want an autolocker in slick offcamber situations though.

Reviving an old thread, apologies.

I am a bit all over the place trying to bottom out what to do re axles, regearing, lockers, etc. So reading a lot of old threads, which answer some question but sometimes raise more. The comment above is one said question. When I am offroad I am more often than not in slick conditions at least some of the time, what is the issue with an autolocker, like a Powertrax No-Slip, in such conditions?

Reactions: nolander
Reviving an old thread, apologies.

I am a bit all over the place trying to bottom out what to do re axles, regearing, lockers, etc. So reading a lot of old threads, which answer some question but sometimes raise more. The comment above is one said question. When I am offroad I am more often than not in slick conditions at least some of the time, what is the issue with an autolocker, like a Powertrax No-Slip, in such conditions?

When both your tires spin its much more likely to slide downhill then if one tire is stationary. When i had an autolocker in a truck the rear would slide downhill and I'd correct by powering back uphill to the other side of the road. Then continue in a z pattern until i got traction or the road camber flattened. You can do it,but it isn't ideal

When both your tires spin its much more likely to slide downhill then if one tire is stationary. When i had an autolocker in a truck the rear would slide downhill and I'd correct by powering back uphill to the other side of the road. Then continue in a z pattern until i got traction or the road camber flattened. You can do it,but it isn't ideal

Thanks for the answer.

In the UK it is typical that whenever offroad there will be some slippery areas. Not talking crazy deep 'mud bogging', but a few inches or water here or a slippery coating of mud there. In such conditions do you think it would not be appropriate to have an auto-locker? If that is the case what is the better alternative, LSDs or is a selectable locker the only / best option?

In the UK it is typical that whenever offroad there will be some slippery areas. Not talking crazy deep 'mud bogging', but a few inches or water here or a slippery coating of mud there. In such conditions do you think it would not be appropriate to have an auto-locker?
Depends on how slick it is. That's a little hard to define. Slick enough for the tires to spin with very little gas petrol?

If that is the case what is the better alternative, LSDs or is a selectable locker the only / best option?
In slippery conditions, an LSD can be just as bad as a locker - both tires want to spin. With LSD or auto, the diff gets to choose. With a selectable locker, you get to choose.

Reactions: UKTJ and Rickyd
Depends on how slick it is. That's a little hard to define. Slick enough for the tires to spin with very little gas petrol?

In slippery conditions, an LSD can be just as bad as a locker - both tires want to spin. With LSD or auto, the diff gets to choose. With a selectable locker, you get to choose.

I guess the crux of it is that lockers have limits. In the big rocks where one wheel on an axle gets off the ground a locker works a treat, but if its slippery and both wheels spin then a locker, of any description, is not going to help.