Looking for longer springs

Plowjockey

Stock 97 with 31" tires.

Passenger side sits 3/4" lower than driver so I figure front spring has softened. Anyone know part numbers for springs that would get an extra inch of height for front and rears?

Anything to worry about with an inch difference? Do the shocks need to be longer or same size as OEM? Any other issues with this logic?

Thanks.

Hey, welcome to the Forum. Bummer that no one has replied yet.

Yes, those springs are beginning to sag, which is normal after 25 years. Stock suspension should have your springs at 12" in the front and 8" in the back. If you want to get back to stock height (and angle, in your case of one-side sagging), then you can just get some OEM replacements. Moog is a good company that makes nice replacements.

But if you're going to buy new springs and mount new springs, it's a good time to ask yourself whether you're sure you want to start with stock height. If not, this forum is full of advice for springs that can give you just about any amount of lift you want.

Oh, and since you have a 97, you might enjoy the thread in my signature line.

Stock 97 with 31" tires.

Passenger side sits 3/4" lower than driver so I figure front spring has softened. Anyone know part numbers for springs that would get an extra inch of height for front and rears?

Anything to worry about with an inch difference? Do the shocks need to be longer or same size as OEM? Any other issues with this logic?

Thanks.
1"-1.25" H&R 52107

Reactions: Irun
If you want the H&Rs, grab them. They were out of stock *EVERYWHERE* for months, I just got my set in a couple of weeks ago. Goddess only knows how long they'll be in stock this time....

Appreciate the replies. Any need to go with a longer shock now that the distance from the center of the axle to the mounts will be greater with 31's and another inch of spring?

Stock on it now. I don't want to bottom them out or have them fight the travel. We will rarely wheel with it. Mostly my wife's run around vehicle.

Thanks.

Well, if you were to go with some stock replacements like Moog springs, then of course you'd be fine. If you go with the H&R then I'm not sure. I'm pretty confident that it wouldn't be an urgent need, but you might end up wanting something slightly longer than stock. Others on here will know better than I.

I do know that the stock-length Rancho RS5000X, which is popular on this forum, is a little bit longer than stock. Another user on here measured them to be ideal for having a very slight lift.