WTB: Looking for new soft top rear window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspaszr

I have 2006 TJ unlimited with original Soft top, rear window is torn. Any recommendations for a vendor or website to purchase a new window.

Thanks & Merry Xmas

I'm interested to know what you find. I've owned a few different brand soft tops. I always found that none of the makers would sell the rear window separately. Every one of them needed a new rear window which led to me buying another top after the warranties expired.

I'm interested to know what you find. I've owned a few different brand soft tops. I always found that none of the makers would sell the rear window separately. Every one of them needed a new rear window which led to me buying another top after the warranties expired.
Mine came with a Rampage. They didn’t list them, I called and they sold me both sides & rear. All for less than $140 with shipping.

I still put the older units on for winter so I don’t worry so much about having to remove snow with brush, they didn’t have cracks just scratches and some fading/fogging.

Reactions: SvtLdr
Was Bestop one of them?

Mine came with a Rampage. They didn’t list them, I called and they sold me both sides & rear. All for less than $140 with shipping.

I still put the older units on for winter so I don’t worry so much about having to remove snow with brush, they didn’t have cracks just scratches and some fading/fogging.
That's good to know. I will have to give them a call. I'm currently waiting on a new Rampage top being replaced under warranty. It's been on backorder for 2 months now.

Yea, the zipper failed on the rear window.

That's good to know. I will have to give them a call. I'm currently waiting on a new Rampage top being replaced under warranty. It's been on backorder for 2 months now.

Yea, the zipper failed on the rear window.
Bestop makes OEM jeep soft tops and is the only soft top I would recommend. I personally suggest sell the rampage top once you get it and buy a bestop soft top. You wouldn’t regret it.

I respectfully disagree because I'm really hard on soft tops. I average a new one every 3 years. Given my track record, I won't spend the money on BestTop.

This is my current Rampage top, 6 months after installation. They don't fare too well against trees.
20201017_165351.jpg

I respectfully disagree because I'm really hard on soft tops. I average a new one every 3 years. Given my track record, I won't spend the money on BestTop.

This is my current Rampage top, 6 months after installation. They don't fare too well against trees. View attachment 295608
I had my soft top for 6 years no rips and bestop will warranty it if it does rip.
Ripping 6months after installing would be sign for me to look for another brand. I don’t want to purchase a soft top every 3 years.
From bestop
“The warranty is valid only as long as the original retail purchaser owns the vehicle upon which the Product is installed.”

Edit: They also have about every part to a soft top in stock. No waiting.

Did you miss the part about my tops suffering damage due to trees? Are you telling me that BestTop warrantees tops that get damaged on the trail?

Did you miss the part about my tops suffering damage due to trees? Are you telling me that BestTop warrantees tops that get damaged on the trail?
I actually did miss that part but I read your post about the rear zipper failing. Bestop will warranty that no questions ask even 7 8 years from buying the soft top. I had a rampage soft top and I didn’t like the fit at all. I then bought bestop and the quality and fit was way better. Now I don’t know if they would cover trail damage but I know several forum members have ripped side windows and bestop would send them replacements.
If you are sufffering trail damage buy your next soft top through 4wheelparts and get their warranty and they would warranty trail damage.

I'll keep that in mind for my next top. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.