WTB: Looking for OEM 2001 60th Anniversary Edition Silverstone Metallic Fender Flares

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4lterWhite2

Hi, this is my first post on here and Im just looking for, as the title suggests, The Sahara style Fender flares that came with the 2001 Silverstone Metallic 60th Anniversary Edition because the PO replaced them with these Black ones that i like but i would love to have some that are painted PS5 from 2001. I live in New Braunfels Texas so if anyone on here has them laying around or are selling them somewhere i havent seen please LMK

img_0669-1-jpg.jpg

This is a picture of my jeep as it sits now with the fenders that really hinder putting bigger tires on even with a lift, i just see them getting in the way long term because of how for they stick out and they also angle farther down than the oem flares
60th Anniversary jeep.jpg

This is a picture of just a pretty stock 60th anni edition with the factory flares that im looking for for reference, the middle rocker piece thing thats in between the flares would be nice to have as well but id like to hear if yall have either combination of just the 4 flares or the 4 flares + the 2 rocker pieces.

Last edited:
Good luck. That's going to be a rare find.

I saw a set of those when I lived in Fredericksburg, TX, that was for sale around San Antonio. That was probably about 3 years ago, and they were probably the one's the PO removed from yours! I hate those flares he installed on your Jeep. It's just evidence that a lot of people have very bad taste. I hope you find some.

If I were you I'd enlarge my possibilities by not requiring them to be silver. You can still get the narrower factory width stock flares. OMIX/Rugged Ridge makes the best set I've seen. They were $90 somewhere the other day. They look good on a silver TJ.

Another option is to have some of the OMIX/Rugged Ridge, or factory width stock flares painted by a shop. You could DIY, but unless you got skills they won't turn out.

Good luck. That's going to be a rare find.

I saw a set of those when I lived in Fredericksburg, TX, that was for sale around San Antonio. That was probably about 3 years ago, and they were probably the one's the PO removed from yours! I hate those flares he installed on your Jeep. It's just evidence that a lot of people have very bad taste. I hope you find some.

If I were you I'd enlarge my possibilities by not requiring them to be silver. You can still get the narrower factory width stock flares. OMIX/Rugged Ridge makes the best set I've seen. They were $90 somewhere the other day. They look good on a silver TJ.

Another option is to have some of the OMIX/Rugged Ridge, or factory width stock flares painted by a shop. You could DIY, but unless you got skills they won't turn out.
Haha thanks, yeah i figured it would be.

Oh yeah, ive had the jeep for a little under a year and a half so that very well could be the case! Yeah i can only deal with them cause they kinda go with the aesthetic of the rest of the jeep with black things held by silver screws lol

Yeah i might have to do that if i have no luck on the forums, itll also depend on how close the tires i get get to the flares how desperate i am to get the stock style flares, silver or black.

My Jeep is actually in the shop right now, theyre installing the zone 4.25 combo lift but with rancho rs5000x shocks, i want to see how 315/70r17 ko2s fit on there, ive heard to get the c grade ones that they made for the raptor since the tjs dont need the e grade tire and all itll do is make it stiffer so yeah, ill hold out on the flares unless it becomes a problem with the 317/70r17 ko2s,

Thanks for the advice!

Haha thanks, yeah i figured it would be.

Oh yeah, ive had the jeep for a little under a year and a half so that very well could be the case! Yeah i can only deal with them cause they kinda go with the aesthetic of the rest of the jeep with black things held by silver screws lol

Yeah i might have to do that if i have no luck on the forums, itll also depend on how close the tires i get get to the flares how desperate i am to get the stock style flares, silver or black.

My Jeep is actually in the shop right now, theyre installing the zone 4.25 combo lift but with rancho rs5000x shocks, i want to see how 315/70r17 ko2s fit on there, ive heard to get the c grade ones that they made for the raptor since the tjs dont need the e grade tire and all itll do is make it stiffer so yeah, ill hold out on the flares unless it becomes a problem with the 317/70r17 ko2s,

Thanks for the advice!
Thats a 35” tire. They will be too big for 4.25” lift. You really need 33’s or metric equivalent. You can make 35’s fit by adding more bumpstop to keep the tires out of the fenders. The flares were designed to be touched, but if you want to avoid that, again you’ll have to cycle your suspension and add proper bumpstop.

Check the forum sale ads for Sahara/Rubicon flares. Most likely you'll have to paint them.
I have a set of the rocker guards (in black), if you're looking for those too.

Check the forum sale ads for Sahara/Rubicon flares. Most likely you'll have to paint them.
Yeah, all the best to the OP getting a set on the forum Parts For Sale section. I've seen probably 8 sets over the last 5 years. They pop up much less frequently now. The additional problem now is the shipping cost is so high that even if the seller is only asking $150, it will be an additional $150 or more to ship. The last set was on here for a long time. It may still be on here because no one wanted to pay the shipping and the seller didn't really want to try to pack them up. I've never seen a silver set on the forum. As you indicated, he'd probably have to paint them.

Thats a 35” tire. They will be too big for 4.25” lift. You really need 33’s or metric equivalent. You can make 35’s fit by adding more bumpstop to keep the tires out of the fenders. The flares were designed to be touched, but if you want to avoid that, again you’ll have to cycle your suspension and add proper bumpstop.
Ive seen many builds with 35s on 4 inch lifts that didnt seem to run into any problems, but they did have to set the bumpstops correctly like you said, my purposes with the jeep are 95% on road and hopefully ill get to go mudding sometime soon and theyre also 34.4s in reality so i can say theyre 35s without them actually being 35s lol, i guess ill just have to see how they fit, i personally am not a fan of the look of having a massive uptravel space in between the wheel and flare but i also dont want to destroy my flares every bump lol

Thanks ill definitely check that out, yeah thats what i was afraid of. no i think ill hold out for just the silver flares unless the new tires i plan to get have a problem fitting, i really love how jtbrighams jeep keeps the silver flares but uses rocker sills that are kind of like mine, i think they look sharp, but i may have to settle for stock black flares if i cant find silver ones lol
1643219933076.png

IMG_1591.jpg

Update: Ive got the 3 inch suspension lift with the ranchos and then the 315/70r17 ko2s and i love the setup, still need to get around to the body lift/motor mount lift but im in no rush cause its not impedin on the uptravel ive still got like 4 ish inches, only thing is, and it may just be breaking in but theres quite the vibrations when accelerating and i was wondering will the motor mount lift should fix the vibs?

View attachment 305825
Update: Ive got the 3 inch suspension lift with the ranchos and then the 315/70r17 ko2s and i love the setup, still need to get around to the body lift/motor mount lift but im in no rush cause its not impedin on the uptravel ive still got like 4 ish inches, only thing is, and it may just be breaking in but theres quite the vibrations when accelerating and i was wondering will the motor mount lift should fix the vibs?
Change the flairs and you will be good,the rubicon style flares that your looking for actually give less clearance than the stock sport flares,I have ran them both.my wife’s tj is ps5 2.5 lift and 1.25 b/l on 35,plenty of room

439B46DC-85DF-4277-83FD-BF4D78ABD66A.jpeg

View attachment 305825
At 3” suspension lift you will get driveline vibes due to the steep rear driveline angle. The MML will help or totally remove vibes since the fulcrum is the tranny mount. Raising engine will lower TCase output.

The lower lip hangs farther down than sport flares,if your tires stick out,rubi flares have less space from the lip to tire than sport flares.
Maybe, but a flexible plastic flare isn't going reduce travel. Besides, when an axle articulates, the tires go up at an angle and usually clear the flares just fine.
Unless you're just building for looks? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.