Looking for recommendations on a 35x12.50R15 M/T tire

RiverDawg24

TJ Enthusiast
Watch out for those fallen trees sticking into the trail. Especially the pointed stump end! Ruined a tire and a drag link.

79E74A33-2643-4F9C-B7FA-349548CC0829.jpeg

F8FE38B6-E9E8-4A3C-A840-CAE5CA98E2E4.jpeg

I’ve been building for 35’s. It’s time I guess. I do mostly highway driving. When I trail ride it’s forest service roads and tight woods trails. No longer into heavy rocks.

BUT I do have a trip to Moab next spring break. I’d like to do well there.

looking for recommendations on a 35x12.50x15 Mud terrain tire.

Top of my list are Falken WildPeaks MT

Thanks for the input.

I really enjoyed my KM2’s. They did great on the road as well as in the mud and rocks. KM3’s could be a good bet though I’ve never run them personally.

Reactions: RiverDawg24
I really enjoyed my KM2’s. They did great on the road as well as in the mud and rocks. KM3’s could be a good bet though I’ve never run them personally.

I’ve run KM2’s on 3 other rigs. Love them. Not sure if KM3’s compare. They definitely don’t look as good in my opinion

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
I ordered the Falken WildPeak MT’s. Went with my local tire shop. Got the 35/12.50/15 for $908 total. That includes tax, mount, and balance. I feel that’s pretty good

Last edited:
Reactions: ranger101
Watch out for those fallen trees sticking into the trail. Especially the pointed stump end! Ruined a tire and a drag link.

View attachment 184222

View attachment 184223

I’ve been building for 35’s. It’s time I guess. I do mostly highway driving. When I trail ride it’s forest service roads and tight woods trails. No longer into heavy rocks.

BUT I do have a trip to Moab next spring break. I’d like to do well there.

looking for recommendations on a 35x12.50x15 Mud terrain tire.

Top of my list are Falken WildPeaks MT

Thanks for the input.
That kind of catastrophic sidewall damage is exactly what the Goodyear MT/r's Kevlar reinforced sidewall was designed to withstand. I stopped having sidewall punctures 11 years ago after I started running that tire. The only stronger sidewall I'm aware of is the uber expensive BFG Krawler.

I ordered the Falken WildPeak MT’s. Went with my local tire shop. Got the 35/12.50/15 for $908 total. That includes tax, mount, and balance. I feel that’s pretty good
Good call. Just replaced my BFG AT tires with the Wildpeak MT's. 33/12.5/15
Couldn't be happier. Ride good no annoying road noise. Had a local mount & balance (road force).
True believer in the road force system.

I have heard good things about Falken MT's. And they look pretty solid. They are no doubt one of the better tires for the money in the segment. But I must say the KM3's on my Rubi are pretty impressive. I always thought the KM2's where a better tire, But now we have moved into the KM3. Let us know how they are whatever you pick.

I personally run 33/12.50/15 km3s, love em. My buddy has some km2s, both are great tires. Im having some trouble deciding on size, but im looking at the goodyear wrangler MT/Rs or Cooper STT Pros. Leaning more towards the coopers.

Here are the coopers
xHk7luw.jpg

Nothing personal

understood

just not a Goodyear fan when they stopped supporting Blue Lives

Merits of the tire aside ...
When did Goodyear ever "support blue lives"? Which tire companies do? I'm a fan of supporting American workers despite the retarded PC decrees of corporate management that have about zero impact on the LE community.

/threadjack

I went from the Falken's to the Cooper SST Pro's when I went from 33s to 35s. The Falken's were great, but very heavy. My 35" Cooper's are 10 lbs lighter per tire than my 33" Falken's. As far as off road performance, the Cooper's seem to be better so far, but the Falken was very good offroad. On road they are both noisy and grip just fine in dry and wet.