Looking for recommendations on replacement ignition distributor

LaCroix09

Hey all,

2000 Sport died after about a mile of uphill, moderate difficulty rock climbing on two separate occasions. This time, it threw a code, P1391, which is either the camshaft position sensor or the crankshaft position sensor.

After watching this video:
it made sense to me to go ahead and replace both parts and, instead of replacing the camshaft position sensor, to replace the entire distributor. However, I can't seem to find a part number for the distributor and very limited supply online. Has anyone done this repair and can recommend a replacement part? Or, alternatively, would anyone recommend just replacing the sensor instead?

Seems like everyone recommends the Mopar crankshaft position sensor, so I'll try and hunt that down as well.

As always, thanks for the help.

I would do the testing of the sensors first instead of throwing parts at the problem.
IF you find a problem with the CMPS; don't replace the OPDA unless it has worn bushings.
IF you determine the CKPS is good; purchase the CKPS anyway and keep it as a spare.
Stay with the Mopar OEM parts when possible.

It is the correct part, but as other have said...., Why do you think the coil rail is the problem ?
IF you determine there is a problem; the link below has that Mopar part for $171.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,2000,wrangler,4.0l+l6,1363441,ignition,ignition+coil,7060

Well I'm certainly not sure. I'm not ordering the part yet. But, like the OP states, I threw a P1391 code and I'm not sure that I'm capable of more accurately diagnosing the problem. Don't have the tools or know-how to test my crankshaft position sensor. Could potentially just replace the camshaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor for a little cheaper. Unfortunately it's a daily driver right now so I don't want to be chasing the issue down for weeks/months. Shipping here is slow.

Did anyone ever get the supercharged RIPP coil? I ordered One from k suspension from their website ($288) and advertised it as “JEEP TJ/LJ” etc but once I received the whole kit, the box for the RIPP supercharged says it’s for the 3.8 L engine “JK”.

thoughts?

Did anyone ever get the supercharged RIPP coil? I ordered One from k suspension from their website ($288) and advertised it as “JEEP TJ/LJ” etc but once I received the whole kit, the box for the RIPP supercharged says it’s for the 3.8 L engine “JK”.

thoughts?
solves the problem
I installed a RIPP coil from K Suspension @ http://www.ksuspensionfab.com
Noticeable increased power and possible mpg improvement. Need a few more tanks to be sure on MPG. I'll do a post later.
I was able to fix all my issues ignition related. Smooth acceleration through 4500rpm. Great customer service. Couldn't recommend enough.
Oh and it look amazing. It's the orange thing.
20210405_094535.jpg

20210405_092612.jpg

I installed a RIPP coil from K Suspension @ http://www.ksuspensionfab.com
Noticeable increased power and possible mpg improvement. Need a few more tanks to be sure on MPG. I'll do a post later.
I was able to fix all my issues ignition related. Smooth acceleration through 4500rpm. Great customer service. Couldn't recommend enough.
Oh and it look amazing. It's the orange thing.
View attachment 241192

View attachment 241193
I ended up installing one too last year in October and it’s been amazing!

Reactions: Rowan River