Looking for rocker guards

BWEEDS11

Supporting Member
So my girlfriend but a huge scratch in my tub right under the door with her stupid shoes. (I know. Not even something cool like a rock). I figured I'd just cover it up with some taller rocker guards. I have the stock Rubicon plates on now. Does anyone know of some taller guards that utilize any of the same holes that the Rubicon ones use? I'm ok with drilling some more holes, but I'd really like to not have a bunch of holes in the tub that I'm not using for anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Van
f336f3ce48944b6a8a35a78d42093e04.jpg

I have the snittybilt ones and they are pretty good I haven't gone in the rock with them they look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is recommended for function?

I have these on mine from a vendor on Ebay called PBR Products. They are form over function as I was looking to cover the holes left behind from removing the flare extensions. He makes several different styles at good prices and has great customer service. You will need to drill and he includes all necessary hardware to install except a rivet tool, which are cheap at Harbor Freight.
wrWGv9qGKJmErY4vzllLbxbPF1rdC7oeUhU-WxzReJg1zQViYrqnBBidd2QkWe4Z3ivMq-pm7xZVBA6P1v=w1135-h638-no.jpg

I'd need some that go all the way up to the door. Do those Smitty built ones use the same Rubicon mounting points underneath?

I have no clue what how the rubicon ones mount. I had to drill holes and lift the body plus cut a small amount off he body bushings. Oh and mine are the xrc line.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Why don't you just fill the scratch with touch up paint?
It's a really long scratch and in my opinion, touch up paint never really looks great. The color never perfectly matches and you can you can always kinda tell.
I think it would be easier to just cover it up with some longer guards.

So my girlfriend but a huge scratch in my tub right under the door with her stupid shoes. (I know. Not even something cool like a rock). I figured I'd just cover it up with some taller rocker guards. I have the stock Rubicon plates on now. Does anyone know of some taller guards that utilize any of the same holes that the Rubicon ones use? I'm ok with drilling some more holes, but I'd really like to not have a bunch of holes in the tub that I'm not using for anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of shoes was she wearing, baseball cleats? And is she into marshal arts? Just wondering how the 'stupid shoes' did such damage to your rocker panel...:facepalm:

It's a really long scratch and in my opinion, touch up paint never really looks great. The color never perfectly matches and you can you can always kinda tell.
I think it would be easier to just cover it up with some longer guards.

In my opinion you have two options, find a good shop that knows how to properly touch up the scratch (Not that difficult or that expensive compared to other body work) or get the rocker guard. I remember seeing a set that was quite unique with a much higher sitting guard than most others. They also had a straight across normal looking guard that sat high up as well. I don't know much about the company but it looks like it may suit the bill! (At $352.00)

Found it: http://www.skidplates.com/Images/Products/Jeep/TJ-Wrangler/JP-0040_View1_Wi.jpg

JP-0040_Install1_Wi-DriverSide.jpg

JP-0039_Install1_Wi-PassSide.jpg

Edit: Also JCR Offroad has a set that covers even more for a bit more: https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/SWBSL-CR.html

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 3.47.42 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
I run jcr's, but I definitely wouldn't be looking to spend that kind of cash to cover up a scratch if you don't want them for any other reason. And if the scratch is down to the metal I would definitely paint it up with something before you put anything over it or it will just rust away. (If you're in the rust belt)

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Those JCR's are beautiful!
Yes the scratch is down to the metal. Its a big scratch with just a tiny spot that's down to metal. She slipped stepping up to the door while wearing some pretty solid heals (we went to a formal function) and I think it just caught it perfectly so that it scratched it pretty good. I should tell people it was a rock.
I think I'm just gonna get some real nice sliders and drill away.
Thanks everyone for responding!

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Those JCR's are beautiful!
Yes the scratch is down to the metal. Its a big scratch with just a tiny spot that's down to metal. She slipped stepping up to the door while wearing some pretty solid heals (we went to a formal function) and I think it just caught it perfectly so that it scratched it pretty good. I should tell people it was a rock.
I think I'm just gonna get some real nice sliders and drill away.
Thanks everyone for responding!

If it would have been a rock, would you still want to cover it?