Looking for shock recommendations for my LJ

Craig O

I know there is many forums out there about this topic but I wanted one specific to my Jeep. I recently just purchased a 2006 Lj. It has a 2 inch lift on it and I use it mostly as a daily driver right now but once summer comes around I plan on taking it off road. I am looking to replace the shocks and am looking for recommendations.

Having run just about every shock there is at some point or another, my favorite off-the-shelf shocks are the Rancho RS5000X by far.

That seems to be a common answer I am gonna have to give them a look.

You won't be disappointed. They ride excellent off-road, but the thing I like the most is that on-road they really soak up all the imperfections.

You can get better shocks if you want to spend $1200 plus on some custom tuned Fox shocks, but those will only work if you have outboard mounts.

For off-the-shelf shocks, I strongly recommend the Ranchos!

For bolt in, the Rancho 5000x really do ride well. Look like ass, probably won't last all that long, but are definitely cheap enough.

If you get to the point of wanting a great ride and maximizing travel, I'd suggest some 2.0 shocks with external reservoirs that are tuned to your Jeep. Not cheap, not easy to do, but well worth the time when you get there.

Reactions: Chris