Looking for some interesting upgrades for my TJ

Philahill

DE05FAD3-9EE6-4155-8007-A72625835C34.jpeg

Reactions: Blondie70
Ok. What do you mean by lacks power? If you have 33's and it hasn't been regeared, it would certainly feel gutless. Do you know what gear ratio you have? What transmission do you have? What year and model is your rig? What is modded already and what is stock? Updating your profile to reflect this info would certainly be helpful to those trying to help you. A lot of upgrades and mods are dependent on what you have and what you want to gain.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Ok. What do you mean by lacks power? If you have 33's and it hasn't been regeared, it would certainly feel gutless. Do you know what gear ratio you have? What transmission do you have? What year and model is your rig? What is modded already and what is stock? Updating your profile to reflect this info would certainly be helpful to those trying to help you. A lot of upgrades and mods are dependent on what you have and what you want to gain.
Thanks a lot. I will get on to it once I have got Christmas out of the way. I am in the U.K. btw.

Thanks a lot. I will get on to it once I have got Christmas out of the way. I am in the U.K. btw.
I saw that. We have a few members from the UK on here. Btw, there is not a lot to do to the 4.0 (assuming that's what you have) that will truly net power gains aside from a turbo or supercharger. Much of the power it does have is lost when going to larger tires. So, that power is regained when regearing properly for 33" tires. I would start there if you plan on staying with 33's. If you plan on going larger or smaller, then regearing now would be a waste of money. But first, search on this forum under resources and how tos and read read read. Then ask questions on what you don't understand. Then you will be able to determine which direction you want to take your build and make the appropriate mods to get there.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Welcome to the forum!

Why do you think you need to upgrade the transmission? What problem are you having with it?

Welcome to the forum!

Why do you think you need to upgrade the transmission? What problem are you having with it?
No real power 5th gear on a freeway is hard work. Top speed is 65. Going even slightly uphill impossible in top gear. No real torque in low gears.