Looking for suspension ideas

Bizzarestevo

I am looking to redo the suspension on my Jeep and would like to get something with as much travel as i can get out of it while still keeping the lift reasonable. i have been looking at coil overs with a resivor preferably from king or fox. Right now i have Rancho 9000s in rear and some off brand thing in front. its sitting on 3.5" in the back and 4" in the front. i was wondering what was best in terms of suspension travel and what you guys were running. I would also prefer not to have to cut the shock towers but always open to options!!! :)

I am looking to redo the suspension on my Jeep and would like to get something with as much travel as i can get out of it while still keeping the lift reasonable. i have been looking at coil overs with a resivor preferably from king or fox. Right now i have Rancho 9000s in rear and some off brand thing in front. its sitting on 3.5" in the back and 4" in the front. i was wondering what was best in terms of suspension travel and what you guys were running. I would also prefer not to have to cut the shock towers but always open to options!!! :)
If you are looking at coilovers you are are going to be cutting shock towers and welding in new ones. You will also be going three link in the front and four link in the rear. Going coilovers will require serious coin and commitment since there is fabrication involved.

What is wrong with the bolt on lifts out there? Might want to look at products offered by “Rock Krawler.” They have some bolt on kits as well as basic coil over kits.

As far as keeping it reasonable yet top quality without going to coil overs you could take a look at Currie’s lifts and even this kit from Savvy if you are serious about well thought out kits:
http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/Savvy-Mid-Arm-Suspension-Full-Kit-97-06-TJ-LJ-SMA-KIT.htm

“Savvy Mid Arm Kit is based on our race winning overall King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge LJ. The kit was design to offer maximum clearance in the rocks while still maintaining an OEM feel geometery. Fast in the desert and nimble in rocks! The kit includes new frame brackets, front and rear axle truss and aluminum links.”

Reactions: derekmac
Thre just dont quite get me the travel i would like to have. It looks like theres gonna be a fiew things im gonna have to fabricate on this truck then. Thank you for your help ill look into Rock Krawler and the other kits you sent. Im gonna be keeping this jeep a while so i really wanna do it right.

Thre just dont quite get me the travel i would like to have. It looks like theres gonna be a fiew things im gonna have to fabricate on this truck then. Thank you for your help ill look into Rock Krawler and the other kits you sent. Im gonna be keeping this jeep a while so i really wanna do it right.
If you wanna hit it all in one shot, not much is going to beat the genright kits

a set of 24" long rear shocks in stock mounts will max out a standard sye/cv shaft with a long or short arm, it doesn't matter. up front, 25" extended length pins the lower control arms on the shock mounts with a short arm, 27" pins all the aftermarket track bars in the axle mounts and bends them all up along with maxes out the jks/currie bars at the frame end, at 29" the front drive shaft starts to click the cv...... how much travel are you after?
the usable gains for a street driven tj will come from up travel with relocated shock mounts even staying on short arms vs. bolting on a long arm kit that wont behave very well on the country roads.