Looking for new suspension

Jackson1234

I've got a bone stock TJ Sport V6 Auto. My suspension is shot and I am looking for something new to try out. I mainly drive on the road but also get on some easy to moderate trails out here in Colorado usually twice a month. I'm not trying to go for a big lift but am hoping there is an upgrade off the stock suspension that will keep my ride around the same height. My plan is to order the parts online and have my local 4x4 shop install them. Admittedly I don't know much about picking out parts or installation so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Budget is around 2k

91FF0088-.jpg

DB77CC3A-.jpg

Everything you just described falls inline with the OME 2.5" suspension lift. It is arguably one of the best lift kits available for the TJ. It's tried, tested, and favored by many, including myself.

This lift will run around $900, but includes everything you need to bolt it on and go. If you search around, you'll see this kit has an almost cult like following, and rightfully so. It performs excellent both on-road and off-road, and rides exceptionally well.

The only other thing you'd want to do with this lift is probably get a SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) and DC (double cardan) driveshaft, so that you wouldn't have to install the transfer case drop included in the kit to avoid vibrations.

All of this could be done for under 2k. The nice thing about this lift is that you don't have to worry about some of the bigger expenses that you'd have to do if you put on a 4" lift or larger. With 4" or more, you'll need adjustable control arms, and a lot of other stuff as well, which will quickly exceed $2000 (easily) to do it right.

Reactions: skrelnik
If you want to keep it close to stock height, then H&R springs will give you a small 1"ish lift. Several members on this board are running them paired with a good quality shock valved approprietly for our TJ's. With the smaller lift, you won't have to worry about track bars or vibes.

If you want to keep it close to stock height, then H&R springs will give you a small 1"ish lift. Several members on this board are running them paired with a good quality shock valved approprietly for our TJ's. With the smaller lift, you won't have to worry about track bars or vibes.
+1 on this, H & R springs and rancho 5000x shocks are working great so far, I added a new bumper and winch so I will be adding a spacer on the front to level it out.

I'd also suggest the h&r springs and quality shock. The h&r set will avoid any need for tracker relocation, bump stop changes, etc. Do you need control arms too? Go factory there.

Reactions: StG58
^^Yep agreed... if nearly stock height is what you want know that if your springs are oem then you have most likely lost 1" of height just from age so that the H&R springs will net you 2" of height gain from what you now have...