Looking to buy Jeep

Curt-Curt

still looking at Jeeps to buy. this one sames high but frame pictures look good. 2006 X with 159,000 miles for $9995.
what you guys think? i'm thinking its high for that many miles?

Thanks Curt

Screenshot_20190618-155550.png

Screenshot_20190618-155606.png

Screenshot_20190618-155428.png

Screenshot_20190618-155506.png

Screenshot_20190618-093508.png

That seems like a lot for a base model jeep that needs wheels and tires. I guess you could sell off the hard top to bring the overall cost down and/or offer lower to start. I wouldn't be worried about miles if it was a well cared for 1 owner rig. I'd found out what has been replaced recently. The new norm seems for people to jack up the price to cover costs to get their vehicle up to specs to sell. I view that as an owner responsibility.

If it's your gotta have color and option the way you want, the price is what you are willing to pay really. I'd keep looking personally, but that may just be me.

I bought a 1 owner 99 sport about 5 years ago. 4.0L 5speed brand new 35” tires with aftermarket aluminum wheels, 4” suspension lift, newer top, clean-ish frame and tub for $9,500. Had just under 115,000 miles on it. Had some other “extras” too. Smittybuilt seat covers, Polk audio speakers all the way around. Kenwood head unit and Kenwood amp. Was garage kept its whole life. It had either seen very little off road, or the previous owner was ocd. Couldn’t find any mud on it anywhere when I looked at it. Belly pan wasn’t scratched to hell. Being in the rust belt and Indiana mud country it was a good enough deal for me to pull the trigger on it.

That is too basic for a TJ but with that mileage check if the engine is 4.0L - I will work the price between $8k-$9k because it is almost rust-free, then sell the tops for a set of new wheels.

Prices come down in the fall. Not many folks want a Jeep in the colder months. The poor heaters of the CJ and YJ era still effect buyers. Everyone wants a Jeep I'd the spring and summer to enjoy the tops off freedom. Keep looking. You will know when the right one finds you. Be patient my grasshopper 🦗.