Looking to replace carpet

hear

Can't type
Lifetime Supporting Member
I know bedrug is the recommended stuff, but the new TJ has the brown carpet and I can only seem the gray. Do they even make brown? Or does the gray look good with the brown interior?

I circled the file path in this picture, but I have used ACC brand in a Cherokee before and it was good quality. Looks like they have a bunch of colors. I would go to the ACC website and figure out the color you want and go from there. They have complete sets with rockers and without rockers. I would say without rockers would be fine, but it's up to you. Let me know if you need more help to dial it down for you.

Screenshot_20231104_222104_Chrome.jpg

I appreciate the help, but none of those links are for the Bedrug brand carpet. I can find brown carpet; I can’t find Bedrug carpet in anything other than gray.

Bed rug only comes in gray… I’ve put the ACC brand carpet in both my TJ’s and was very pleased with it… I used the cut pile listed above but added the mass backing… the mass backing works great for cutting out road noise and heat…

Last edited:
Oh well I guess that explains it. Popular opinion around here is that Bedrug is the best choice, but I guess that’s not an option.

I guess I’m open to more recommendations then.

I think you may benefit from the red/black combo, but I agree that looks better than I would have guessed.

Bed rug only comes in gray… I’ve put the ACC brand carpet in both my TJ’s and was very pleased with it… I used the cut pile listed above but added the mass backing… the mass backing works great for cutting out road noise and heat…

Can we talk more about this mass backing? Seems like the cut pile doesn’t come with it on the rock auto options.

Reactions: red02tj
I think you may benefit from the red/black combo, but I agree that looks better than I would have guessed.

Can we talk more about this mass backing? Seems like the cut pile doesn’t come with it on the rock auto options.

If you contact ACC and Bedrug directly, they'll send you a few samples for free (at least it was when I did a couple of years ago).

When requesting the ACC samples, I got a couple in cut pile and a couple in mass backed for comparison across all possible options.

They do have it on rock auto. It's under the last grouping "Essex" toward the bottom of the bunch. 3 grouping options are cut pile, vinyl, and essex. Here are a few part numbers with mass backing.

Screenshot_20231105_064400_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Yeah, I saw it there, but I didn't know what Essex was vs Cut Pile, and I've seen others say they went with the cut pile and were happy.

ACC 15064161 (Cutpile) Cutpile; Molded; Complete; Quick-Install; Left and right passenger area rear back panel and wheel wells; Set has snaps and velcro; Rocker panel not included; Long console has E brake thru side of console and a sealed storage compartment; 6 Pieces; Quick Install Carpet - Doesn't require tools or seat removal

it doesn’t say mass backing but it is… before I purchased I contacted a ACC and gave them this model number to confirm it had maSS backing and they said it did and when I received it it does have heavy rubber backing… like I said, I’ve had it in both my 97‘s and I’ve been happy with it…. This one does not have the rocker covers and the tailgate cover… The first time I got the rocker covers and they were a pain in the ass to keep installed and I didn’t care about the gate cover.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Yeah, I saw it there, but I didn't know what Essex was vs Cut Pile, and I've seen others say they went with the cut pile and were happy.

ACC will send you samples of all their carpets and colors but the last time I ordered I wanted to check another color and it took like a month to get the sample and I already had the carpet bought and installed before I got it… and also don’t worry about the large discrepancy in price between the ACC website and rock auto… They’re the same product… Representative said, rock auto buys in such a bulk, they get a large discount…

• USA Proud
Reactions: hear