Loose steering shaft (bearing?)

jlstj2005

I have a 2005 tj completely stock. Replaced all steering components (tie rod, drag link, track bar, ball joints). I have a lot of feedback through the steering wheel when driving. I looked at the steering shaft and there is play where the bearing is. Is this normal? Its not much play but I definitely have movement between the shaft and bearing. So my question is should there be play between the bearing and the shaft. If so, what other parts should I be looking at?

I have a 2005 tj completely stock. Replaced all steering components (tie rod, drag link, track bar, ball joints). I have a lot of feedback through the steering wheel when driving. I looked at the steering shaft and there is play where the bearing is. Is this normal? Its not much play but I definitely have movement between the shaft and bearing. So my question is should there be play between the bearing and the shaft. If so, what other parts should I be looking at?

Welcome

Not exactly sure what you mean by feedback?

Welcome

Not exactly sure what you mean by feedback?

I feel vibrations through the steering wheel when hitting bumps in the road and makes the steering feel loose. After doing some research, I found the bearing that fits onto the steering shaft. Hopefully it works.