Low-mile LJR with AEV mods for $18500

Sea Cot

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:908102e3-99ef-447b-a5cd-811800b9ad0a

1715188805834.png

Reactions: John Cooper
Damn - if not rusty some one is about to get a great deal - ship it to Ca. - have some fun with it and sell it for 30k

Thanks for that - I just posted for someone to take a look for me in the general forum - rj

IMG_4091.jpeg

1715211788217.png

Again everyone unless you have a donor LJ this is a waste of time. Frame is gone. I would have tried to grab it if not.

Reactions: srimes
View attachment 525196
View attachment 525200

Again everyone unless you have a donor LJ this is a waste of time. Frame is gone. I would have tried to grab it if not.

I don’t know if you can consider the frame “gone” based on a low res, blown up picture. I agree it doesn’t look great, but there are degrees of bad when it comes to frames

I don’t know if you can consider the frame “gone” based on a low res, blown up picture. I agree it doesn’t look great, but there are degrees of bad when it comes to frames

That low res doesn’t come through as well as zooming in on the ad but I am 99% sure there are holes where trans skid mounts. Unfortunately I live in similar area and have torn into these jeeps.

edit: that’s not to say there isn’t a chance it isn’t salvagable with safetcaps or whatever those products are called but that is not remotely an option for me (not that I am not capable - I just refuse to own that).

However if it needs that expect to spend 100+ hours if you want it proper at all. Been there done that (though I did a new frame and donor body to repair floors, torque tubes, etc).

That low res doesn’t come through as well as zooming in on the ad but I am 99% sure there are holes where trans skid mounts. Unfortunately I live in similar area and have torn into these jeeps.

I do too. I’ve look at a lot of rusty frames, and have one that needs replacing, in fact. I’ve gotten a LOT of use out of it, and am continuing to use it.

Someone could buy that Jeep and be very happy with it a long time. Simply stating it’s not worth looking at because of the picture is short sighted in my opinion.

Just looked at it. Frame is not shot, but has some rust to deal with. The body, however, will need drivers side torque box, the drivers AEV fender has rot that I would’ve poked my finger through if I touched it. Both diff covers are leaking, rear pinion leaking, and lots of worn out rusty suspension parts. If I wanted another project, I may have tried to buy it at a discount. If someone wants a project, it is definitely worth buying at 13-15k.

Edit: he told me it needed a computer because of a check engine light that’s been on for three years.

Last edited:
Just looked at it. Frame is not shot, but has some rust to deal with. The body, however, will need drivers side torque box, the drivers AEV fender has rot that I would’ve poked my finger through if I touched it. Both diff covers are leaking, rear pinion leaking, and lots of worn out rusty suspension parts. If I wanted another project, I may have tried to buy it at a discount. If someone wants a project, it is definitely worth buying at 13-15k.

Hit the frame with a hammer? If not it’s worse than you think.

Definitely a worthy project for the right price.