Low oil pressure at normal operating temp

robjeff2

40 psi at startup, lower with increasing engine temp until at normal temp, o pressure and warning light. stays low after that.

How many miles.

Mine dropped to zero, lights and alarms after running on the highway when all was hot. Never a problem in town. I was told new oil pump which was a $1K touch installed sp I bought a remanufactured engine instead for $1800. Which fixed all the oil leaks, returned it to as new performance and came with a 7 year warranty.

Yours might just be a sender problem.

Reactions: jbjenkins
182000 this happens every trip. changed the sensor, previous owner said he changed the oil pump. since no engine noise or damage, I suspect the sender or processor. but why only warm?

Oil is thinner when warm.
I had 178000 when mine went. It still ran fine, I just had to touch the throttle to idle it up when the oil pressure dropped. And I never noticed any valve clatter either.

I had the same problem. The sending unit was replaced with an aftermarket unit and it continued to occur. Finally installed a Mopar unit and haven’t had a problem since.

How many miles.

Mine dropped to zero, lights and alarms after running on the highway when all was hot. Never a problem in town. I was told new oil pump which was a $1K touch installed sp I bought a remanufactured engine instead for $1800. Which fixed all the oil leaks, returned it to as new performance and came with a 7 year warranty.

Yours might just be a sender problem.
M y tj 2004 was doing this replaced oil pressure sensor problem solved.

Aftermarket senders are a real crap shoot. My son's Grand Cherokee oil pressure sender went bad on a Sunday preventing me from going to the dealer for a Mopar replacement. I went to Autozone (😵) and it wasn't until the 3rd sensor after the 3rd trip to Autozone that Sunday when I finally got one that worked properly. Never again.