Lower Jeep interior temps

I'm not crazy about the carpet in the jeep either. Specially where I live where mold grows like crazy.

I am going to be using this heat shield on the underside on the front and back side of the catalytic converter shield to see if it helps with the temps. Sealed with some aluminum tape for more moisture resistance. Once the engine warms up it should dry it up well.

I know this is old. Did you follow through with this and did it help?

I used Noico on the tub of my Jeep as well as installing the heaviest mass-backed carpet I could get. I also added a second layer to the heat shields underneath-the one over the cat and the one over the muffler. I insulated the trans tunnel as well as the center console. These all made a huge difference in my comfort level. The firewall is now the biggest heat culprit-haven't the time to pull the dash to insulate the firewall, but it's on the list.

I know this is old. Got anything more to share about the heat shields on the underside? I'm replacing my exhaust soon and would like to improve the heat shields if it's worth any effort.

Reactions: Zorba