LS Swap A/C Install

Longhorn84

TJ Enthusiast
Starting to wrap up my LS swap and I’m thinking about how to connect AC. Anyone on here completed an LS swap and retained air conditioning that could share some tips? Novak seems to think you can reuse dryer, I obviously have the same condenser but the compressor is in a totally different location. Where would I take this for the lines to be made up for me?

Try looking for some local automotive A/C shops in the area. Even those of us who have done a Dodge magnum V-8 swap and kept their A/C had to have custom lines made. Good luck with this and hope you can find a place to make you some lines.

Did you replace your drier? I watched a video that said when it’s exposed to the atmosphere for an extended period of time you have to replace?

Did you replace your drier? I watched a video that said when it’s exposed to the atmosphere for an extended period of time you have to replace?

I never hooked my A/C back up since where I live it isn't needed as much. It's been years since I have done any A/C work so I can't say for sure.

The filter dryer is a consumable and needs to be replaced, and you can talk to you local NAPA store and sometimes they can either have hoses made or can hopefully point you in the right direction. Google had several hits for custom a/c lines

Look for a mobile a/c install company. We have one in our small town.

I found the crimper on amazon for like $140, seems like you can reasonable make your own lines. And the driers on rockauto for the TJ are like $14 so I'll probably do that. Fun times, there have been lots of unique learning opportunities doing this swap for the first time.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Hi

I am at the point now to ale the A/c connections for the ls swap too and was wondering what you ended up doing on your Jeep. Any insight? Btw your videos are terrific

Hi

I am at the point now to ale the A/c connections for the ls swap too and was wondering what you ended up doing on your Jeep. Any insight? Btw your videos are terrific

Thank you! I'm actually still in the process of getting it done but I found an A/C shop that quoted $650 to install and that's probably what I'll do once I get around to it. I'll post an updated video when I get it done, probably in the next few weeks. Good luck!

Hello, I finished my 5.3 swap about 2 years ago. I installed the accessory brackets and AC compressor but never hooked up the lines. Well the heat now is making want to finish the AC. have you made any progress?