LS swap: which gauges should I use?

I actually ordered both the Intellitronix and the direct dash fit from autometer hoping I can kind off put the autometer one on top of the digital lol to have the digital one kind of separate. If I can’t do it I’ll just have to take the L on the auto dash

Reactions: Wildman
I actually ordered both the Intellitronix and the direct dash fit from autometer hoping I can kind off put the autometer one on top of the digital lol to have the digital one kind of separate. If I can’t do it I’ll just have to take the L on the auto dash

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you. Always like to see something that is done differently.

Do any of you have LS build threads with details, progress pics, and parts selected to share, and final results??

There are a couple LS swapped rigs in the Build section but I can't tell who off the top of my head. You'd have to search.

Search for: "Why in the hell did I install this weak engine???"

:)

Hey now, don't hurt my feelings. As far as gauges go I stuck with stock and the only thing I needed was the tach emulator from Novak for the tach. I have another friend would got his tach to work without an emulator. Then another friend who went full Holley for wiring and gauges.

Hey now, don't hurt my feelings. As far as gauges go I stuck with stock and the only thing I needed was the tach emulator from Novak for the tach. I have another friend would got his tach to work without an emulator. Then another friend who went full Holley for wiring and gauges.

Are you running 2 PCM's ? If yes that is my one complaint with the LS swaps.

Reactions: Sj's TJ
Are you running 2 PCM's ? If yes that is my one complaint with the LS swaps.

Yes, I have the stock Jeep computer and a Holley Terminator X to run the LS. I not going to lie, I don't find it an issue at all for me. The Jeep computer basically just runs everything but the motor. What is the issue that I don't seem to see?

Yes, I have the stock Jeep computer and a Holley Terminator X to run the LS. I not going to lie, I don't find it an issue at all for me. The Jeep computer basically just runs everything but the motor. What is the issue that I don't seem to see?

I'm referring more to the Jeep & GM PCM which IMO is just asking for too much and the chance of issues. I have enough issues with just trying to get everything working with my ONE PCM & my engine swap.
If I was doing a noncompatible engine swap I think I'd do it like @Apparition is doing and just replace the dash. Don't know if I'd go the digital screen like he is or the Intellitronix dash.

The Holley PCM changes things and makes it a lot easier and even better now that they offer support for the newer transmissions.

EDIT: And just to add a little more. I give some of the LS swap guys a hard time but there isn't anything wrong with them and they are good engines. If I was just starting my build now I'd have to make a hard look at both the Hemi or LS swap choices. In 2006 when I did my swap the first time both were very expensive and the Magnum made more sense.

I'm referring more to the Jeep & GM PCM which IMO is just asking for too much and the chance of issues. I have enough issues with just trying to get everything working with my ONE PCM & my engine swap.
If I was doing a noncompatible engine swap I think I'd do it like @Apparition is doing and just replace the dash. Don't know if I'd go the digital screen like he is or the Intellitronix dash.

The Holley PCM changes things and makes it a lot easier and even better now that they offer support for the newer transmissions.

My buddy has been running his LS for about 4 years using the GM PCM and didn't have any issues as he went with a stock 6.0. As you know from my build the aftermarket cam really makes the Holley Terminator X the easiest way to go. I hear where you are coming from though.

My buddy has been running his LS for about 4 years using the GM PCM and didn't have any issues as he went with a stock 6.0. As you know from my build the aftermarket cam really makes the Holley Terminator X the easiest way to go. I hear where you are coming from though.

Part of my ideas might be from the earlier swaps where I heard of nothing but issues.

Reactions: Sj's TJ