Mad Max Hood

True story. My brother and his friend were on their way back from a party weekend. Got pulled over on hwy 395 in the desert . I guess the officer walked up and asked for his license. My brother said "what for Barney Fife". That's when he proceeded to yank him out the window and slam him against the hood of his truck. He didn't get any stick time, but he did get a speeding ticket.
Rule #1 when dealing with humor: Know your audience! :rolleyes:

Looks like you rear ended a gas pipe delivery truck. We are going to file an insurance claim for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
Coupla tax stamps from boys in Virginia and you should be good to go...……. Maybe a pound or two of spent brass glued onto the hood randomly. I could go on...….

A pair of these either side of the hood would help with the look your going for... this video shows it can be made pretty cheap and with stuff you have around the house or hardware store......hook them up with a pilot missile switch on the dash and they'd spin, your kids would love that...(y)

So I am leaving the stock hood on the TJ and I will place the hood I was building on the shelf... Wife had a problem with it, Happy wife Happy life. Anywho, I guess the hurt feelings patrol has spoken and most are crying about it so I will back burn and let the boys know that this is the world we live in. Gonna let the thin skinned have there way....I will always be a TRUE 3%er and PRO Gun supporter...

Reactions: Fixer6
BNB, in today’s America perception is reality, what 40 years ago nobody would have thought twice about nowadays is a big deal. It’s not even a good idea to identify yourself with a NRA or firearm sticker on your ride. No need to make yourself a target for the thugs or the anti’s.

BNB, in today’s America perception is reality, what 40 years ago nobody would have thought twice about nowadays is a big deal. It’s not even a good idea to identify yourself with a NRA or firearm sticker on your ride. No need to make yourself a target for the thugs or the anti’s.
I didn't spend 21 years in Army so thugs could have their way. and I am an anti my self. ANTI-Liberal. ANTI-doormat. ANTI- Idiot..

BNB, sincerely thank you for your service. Like you I’m very much pro 2nd Amendment, I participate in various shooting disciplines and firmly believe that Americans should take a very active role in their personal protection. The cops can’t be everywhere all the time. At age 68 I’m just saying that the country we love has changed so much in just one generation. When I grew up there were hunters and competitive shooters, there was no euphemism ‘gun nut’. You could safely display your gun collection in a lovely piece of oak furniture in the den. Now we need to have it under lock and key to protect it from thieves and legal liability. I’m just saying that while it’s absolutely an American right, to advertise that you’re armed or could be or advertise that you own firearms is not necessarily a positive thing anymore.

Last edited:
BNB, sincerely thank you for your service. Like you I’m very much pro 2nd Amendment, I participate in various shooting disciplines and firmly believe that Americans should take a very active role in their personal protection. The cops can’t be everywhere all the time. At age 68 I’m just saying that the country we love has changed so much in just one generation. When I grew up there were hunters and competitive shooters, there was no euphemism ‘gun nut’. You could safely display your gun collection in a lovely piece of oak furniture in the den. Now we need to have it under lock and key to protect it from thieves and legal liability. I’m just saying that to advertise that you’re armed or could be or own firearms is not necessarily a positive thing anymore.
I remember us kids constantly banging our heads on either the gun rack, or the guns that were in it, in Dad's '70 F250 4X4. Hell, I haven't even seen a gun rack in the area I live in over 30 years. Also, as you said, we used to display our firearms proudly. When they weren't being used for their intended purpose, they were just part of the decorum. Nowadays, you hide 'em away like some kind of dirty little family secret. It friggin' disgusts me.
It truly is, sadly, a very different world...