MAP other than MOPAR ?

1515art

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
The only recommended sensors for our TJ’s are factory, that being said I’m thinking of trying an aftermarket option for a short term fix until I can get my hands on the factory MAP sensor, right now I’ve had one on order from a local Jeep dealer here in Vegas for a week and a replacement is still at least 10 days out coming possibly from the east coast. Has anyone here tried an aftermarket one With any degree of success on a later model TJ?

I had one from NAPA in mine for many years without any problems. Just recently swapped it out for a Mopar for no real reason other than I was swapping some other sensors in and decided to put a Mopar in. For a week, pretty much any working MAP will be fine.

Reactions: 1515art
I had one from NAPA in mine for many years without any problems. Just recently swapped it out for a Mopar for no real reason other than I was swapping some other sensors in and decided to put a Mopar in. For a week, pretty much any working MAP will be fine.
Thank you, best news all day. It almost seems like my Jeeps possessed, maybe just barn sour being out of service so long it’s been a really long list of one thing after another since the end of May and I’m down to what I think is last piece of the puzzle and temporarily the MAP is almost scarce as hens teeth around here. It was originally 3 days out due to COVID then a week and now 10 days could be just to make me feel good, I’ll go with the NAPA until I get the factory I've got to smog and then register it next month, the way things are it’ll take another 6 months to get another DMV slot.