Master cylinder to proportion valve line: looking for an inexpensive replacement line

skrelnik

TJ Addict
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all - Needed to replace the Master Cylinder and when removing one of the bolts it broke one of the hard lines. I found Mopar part number 52008399AB (picture 5 below) but it has been discontinued. Is anyone aware of a place that would custom build and ship? Trying not to spend $100 on this part by purchasing all the individual parts and tools, but from my research these are the parts I would need to build my own line. This is for both lines even though I only need one. Anyone have any cheaper solutions? The tools are the price killer...Thanks in advance.

1691188159893.png

1691188507333.png

Last edited:
Hi all - Needed to replace the Master Cylinder and when removing one of the bolts it broke one of the hard lines. I found Mopar part number 52008399AB (picture 5 below) but it has been discontinued. Is anyone aware of a place that would custom build and ship? Trying not to spend $100 on this part by purchasing all the individual parts and tools, but from my research these are the parts I would need to build my own line. This is for both lines even though I only need one. Anyone have any cheaper solutions? The tools are the price killer...Thanks in advance.

View attachment 447094

View attachment 447103

Check with a good local auto parts store , The NAPA I go to has generic pre-made lines in various lengths. You may find something usable. Otherwise you need to spend some cash to fix it correctly.
As a side note : Why is $100.00 bucks a huge obstacle when it comes to stopping your Jeep?

Check with a good local auto parts store , The NAPA I go to has generic pre-made lines in various lengths. You may find something usable. Otherwise you need to spend some cash to fix it correctly.
As a side note : Why is $100.00 bucks a huge obstacle when it comes to stopping your Jeep?

^ This- $10 stick of straight line that you bend will do the trick- bring the old to match up he threads and ends

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

Good call on NAPA - Will swing by tomorrow.

I will spend that $100 but I first wanted to ask around the forum to see if there is a less costly way.

Is it more sensible to purchase the entire Dorman hard line kit with the part number I need, even though I have a 2005 and this kit is for 1997-2002? Cost for this entire kit is basically the same as buying all of the tools and parts.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-84921-919-221.aspx

I only see one of those short lines from the master to the combo valve in the picture. That is very odd.

Which line did you screw up, forward or rear. That is defined by one closest to the grill or the one closest to the firewall. Yes, I see that #5 is the forward one, but just to make sure.

Reactions: skrelnik
Correct, forward one. I went by the part numbers listed by Dorman. Omix had the same kit so I went with their kit.

52008398 and 52008399 are the two lines, MC to CV, part numbers are rear and front respectively.

Screenshot_20230804-201950.png

I paid $80 from Rock Auto for a NiCopp kit that included the two lines from the master cylinder to proportion valve. The NiCopp kits aren't pre-bent, but they are easy to bend because they are softer than steel.