Matt's Off Road Recovery (Lifted XJ Beast - Utah)

Jeepers-n-Creepers

Have mud--will travel.
Supporting Member
In the event any of y'all have yet to watch this guy's channel on YouTube; you're in for a treat.

Driving a lifted XJ on 1-ton axles (?); every day is an adventure for this guy.

After watching this guy for a week or so, I suddenly sorely miss my lifted '99 WJ, which was a beast when it came to rescue, in extreme Winter's especially. Sold it at 190K miles, and it still ran like it was new. Wheeled it for 8 years and never once had a serious issue with it.

Enjoy this initial clip:

Matt's Off Road Recovery

1579228916512.png

Youtube randomly kept recommending his videos to me back in like Oct and I don't watch everyone, but often get sucked into watching like 4 in a row every couple weeks. Such a genuine guy and never trashes anyone, no matter their lack of sense on how they got to where they are. Even when he was kit by a drunk driver that totaled his trailer he never said a single negative thing about the driver.

Youtube randomly kept recommending his videos to me back in like Oct and I don't watch everyone, but often get sucked into watching like 4 in a row every couple weeks. Such a genuine guy and never trashes anyone, no matter their lack of sense on how they got to where they are. Even when he was kit by a drunk driver that totaled his trailer he never said a single negative thing about the driver.

He does have a very healthy attitude, for sure. I too succumb to watching 3 or 4 of his vids in a row. What a great job he has.

Reactions: JMT
Yeah same here recommended by YouTube so watched a few mad me miss my old 2000 xj been looking for another one to buy

XJ's for me, are kindred-classics to the TJ. To own both is the perfect "quiver" for me. I owned both a TJ and WJ at the same time, for several years. Was the perfect options-combo.

That's one of my favorite YouTube Vlogs. He has my dream job.

You ain't kid'n, there. I have to wonder how used XJ sales have picked up around the country, in light of his huge following, and the demonstration of just how tough those XJ's are (namely the 4.0L).

Thank god there’s people out their who will do this stuff for free.

My wife and I have both extracted countless vehicles over the years. The joy in helping folks, combined with declining their money, is a feeling money cannot buy. My wife drove a lifted/modded Gen-1 Montero and lifted/modded Jeep WJ, for a span of 15 years or so between the 2 trucks, and during that span extracted many "good ol' boys" in monster pickups, who got carried away in snow and found themselves in ditches. She was able to artfully humble each one of them - a petite woman in a lifted wheeler :).

Reactions: 06TJ35's