Meanwhile on JL forums

They don't have time for us TJ peasants.

Neither will you... soon ;)

My coworker wanted a new JL. I talked him through the options and he placed his order. I do enjoy the fact he is listening to advice and his will be a functional and purpose built rig.

I might even own one if he just didnā€™t spend $64k on the darn thing. Jesus.

Full disclosure, I bought a custom ordered JLUR and slapped 37s on it. Was about to put a 2' lift on it before deciding to sell it for an Rs7. The JLUR is a fantastic Jeep. Comfortable, livable, all the creature comforts. The V6 with the new 8 speed is superb in every way shape and form. I have zero hate on them, it just didn't feel like the Jeep I wanted, hence why Im back in an LJR. I think it looks great, drives great and if I didn't have a need for a fast car in my life, it'd still be in my driveway. For me, a Jeep shouldn't have a worry about a small nick or scratch, leather getting dirty or inside getting wet. Mine carried a 57k price tag, which I didn't pay, but still. Thats a lot of money, on a Jeep. For me, spending that much money, I couldn't stomach treating it like a Jeep. When the prices come down to where JKs are, I may get another one. They are that good at a lot of things. Just not for THAT much money

Reactions: Rick Flair
I look at all of the really well built, lifted modified Jeeps around here (mostly JKURs but more and more JLURs) that don't have a scratch or a speck of dirt on them. People are obviously spending a ton of money on these things. If I could afford a perfect one like this I don't think I could bring myself to risk messing it up either by actually using it. My TJR is just one big collection of pin stripes now and I rarely bother to clean it. In this condition I seem to get a lot more Jeep waves from other guys with similar Jeeps.

I look at all of the really well built, lifted modified Jeeps around here (mostly JKURs but more and more JLURs) that don't have a scratch or a speck of dirt on them. People are obviously spending a ton of money on these things. If I could afford a perfect one like this I don't think I could bring myself to risk messing it up either by actually using it. My TJR is just one big collection of pin stripes now and I rarely bother to clean it. In this condition I seem to get a lot more Jeep waves from other guys with similar Jeeps.

Yup, exactly my point. However, while there is a large group of builds that probably never see dirt, there's an equal size group that are more like me. Willing to take it offroad and use it, but their OCD is to high. Case in point, my newly acquired LJR. I spent 6/7 hours on a full detail to get it looking good but if you get up close it still has scratches, nicks, etc.. There will always be people in this arena that will have pavement princesses, mine will be for a short time and there will always be people who have Jeeps that still have dust from a trail ride 3 years ago.

My coworker wanted a new JL. I talked him through the options and he placed his order. I do enjoy the fact he is listening to advice and his will be a functional and purpose built rig.

I might even own one if he just didnā€™t spend $64k on the darn thing. Jesus.

Yes, 64k is way too much for a toy. But I guess if you have disposable income, that's not a big deal :LOL:

Reactions: Rick Flair
I had my TJ in at the Jeep dealer yesterday for a chickenshit recall, and drooled over a $40K Willys Edition, specced out pretty much as I'd do one myself, except it had the automatic which I wouldn't want that added $2.5K to the price. But it was $40K, and I just can't get past the touch screen in the middle of the dash. The poorly designed ESS is another unfortunate mis-feature, but at least it can be either fixed or eliminated. But it was a beautiful Jeep, in the supposedly hard to find "Sarge Green". No power windows, leather or other stupid crap like that.

Yes, 64k is way too much for a toy. But I guess if you have disposable income, that's not a big deal :LOL:
I think you'll find more than a few toys around these parts that have 64K especially if you consider paying the owner $10 / hour for the build labor. Haha. I'm not up to 64K thankfully, which is exactly why i stopped keeping track!

Reactions: Starrs
I think you'll find more than a few toys around these parts that have 64K especially if you consider paying the owner $10 / hour for the build labor. Haha. I'm not up to 64K thankfully, which is exactly why i stopped keeping track!

See, my issue is that I could build a TJ to 64k I'm sure, but if I got a JL Rubicon for let's say 43k brand new, I'd have 40k into it by the time all was said and done.

I like the new Jeeps, don't get me wrong. I just like the older ones better (y)

See, my issue is that I could build a TJ to 64k I'm sure, but if I got a JL Rubicon for let's say 43k brand new, I'd have 40k into it by the time all was said and done.

I like the new Jeeps, don't get me wrong. I just like the older ones better (y)
40k into a JL? What would you plan on doing to it?? Hellcat swap lol? Comes almost turn key

and there will always be people who have Jeeps that still have dust from a trail ride 3 years ago.

I've heard of people like this. They make me sick. šŸ™„šŸ˜¬šŸ¤:oops: but in my defense I do clean off the areas I need to weld to.

40k into a JL? What would you plan on doing to it?? Hellcat swap lol? Comes almost turn key

I'm sure I'd have a 3-link front, 4-link rear, coilovers, yada, yada, yada. I can't leave good enough alone ;)

43k into a JL? What would you plan on doing to it?? Hellcat swap lol? Comes almost turn key
Stock jeep = Gross. IF its not a rubicon you're going to need lockers, then you got all the standard stuff lightbars, some aluminum stuff, winch, lift to tuck 40's (40's are the new 35s), mud terrains, beadlocks, roll cage, D60s....

To be honest, the JLUR was fantastic to drive, so it doesn't surprise me people put that much money in them and drive them daily. I had almost every option on mine and it was a great daily driver, the family loved it. I just couldn't stomach paying that much, for a JEEP! Great part is, I traded it in and barely lost any money on it after 5 months of ownership.