Meanwhile on JL forums

We had a guy in a brand new JLRU wheel with us couple months ago. He bolted on a 2" lift, 37" MTRs and basically wheeled the same stuff i did. SONOFABISCUIT. They're pretty awesome.

every time I think, maybe I'll be willing to pay for a JL in 2040 when they're as old as my TJ is now...I think about working on my TJ and how relatively easy it is to fix, and think about whether I'll even want to have the capability to fix something like an electrical or sensor problem on a JL, and then decide I'll probably still rather be fixing a 40 year old TJ than a 20 year JL.

I'm in that group that loves (mostly) all Jeeps, but they lost a certain "look" when they went away from the TJ and older body styles.
I wouldn't have one of the new ones if I could afford it, and I can, pass.
The older ones just have a certain sex appeal to them that has been lost.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I'm in that group that loves (mostly) all Jeeps, but they lost a certain "look" when they went away from the TJ and older body styles.
I wouldn't have one of the new ones if I could afford it, and I can, pass.
The older ones just have a certain sex appeal to them that has been lost.

Agreed on the appearance and I think driving them is a more raw experience that makes me appreciate a Jeep. But the newer ones have their place. The public loves Jeeps, every one does. The public also wants something they can take to the grocery store, beach, office, etc and be comfortable doing it. Sure, we can do that in our TJs and LJs but it’ll be nowhere as comfortable. We’ve just accepted it

We had a guy in a brand new JLRU wheel with us couple months ago. He bolted on a 2" lift, 37" MTRs and basically wheeled the same stuff i did. SONOFABISCUIT. They're pretty awesome.

I did a run this summer and one guy had one setup like that. It took like 45 minutes to take off his doors and 4 people pushing agains his rig to get him between 2 trees on a side hill so he wouldn’t get any damage. The TJ’s and YJ’s in the group just drove between them without even slowing down.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I did a run this summer and one guy had one setup like that. It took like 45 minutes to take off his doors and 4 people pushing agains his rig to get him between 2 trees on a side hill so he wouldn’t get any damage. The TJ’s and YJ’s in the group just drove between them without even slowing down.
Took 45 minutes to unbolt the 2 screws just like a tj? How many of them does it take to unscrew a lightbulb haha. Geez

Reactions: Apparition
Took 45 minutes to unbolt the 2 screws just like a tj? How many of them does it take to unscrew a lightbulb haha. Geez

Find tools, remove 2 bolts on outside, remove one from inside, disconnect wiring then try to jockey the wide cow with people pushing at a snails pace, then put doors back on, so yeah, about 45 min.

Find tools, remove 2 bolts on outside, remove one from inside, disconnect wiring then try to jockey the wide cow with people pushing at a snails pace, then put doors back on, so yeah, about 45 min.
Damn well we were just at walker and it's not too tight there. Looks like it will open up next week, can't wait to wheel!!

It doesn’t take 45 mins to remove the doors hahaha.. there are the screws, wiring harness and they pop off. It took me 25 mins to remove all four, the first time I removed them. Must have some intelligent people over there hahaha

I will say those doors are so much heavier due to all the electronics and door panels. Removing the LJR doors was a dream comparatively

It was more of the pushing, backing up going forward ect that took most of the time, just funny to me that we had to remove the doors in the first place.

Reactions: AndrewLJR
It was more of the pushing, backing up going forward ect that took most of the time, just funny to me that we had to remove the doors in the first place.
I think it's funny when they remove the doors and leave the hinges on the Jeep. I have seen it.

Reactions: Rick Flair