Florida Mechanic in Miami Needed!

KMcElfish

Hey everyone! I need a mechanic in the South Florida area for my 06 Rubicon. I used Planet 4x4 before and was dissatisfied. I'm looking for a shop that can diagnose the shifting problems - the jeep is an automatic, but inconsistently refuses to shift from 2nd to 3rd) - as well as a mystery coolant leak.

Any leads appreciated! I've called a number of shops but they wont look at the older models.

I've got a 92 YJ and I just moved to Miami. Watching this space!
I took it to a local mechanic who just shrugged and said I should find a jeep

I've got a 92 YJ and I just moved to Miami. Watching this space!
I took it to a local mechanic who just shrugged and said I should find a jeep guy.

If you have a house, I've heard great things about The Jeep Doctor. (305) 668-7770. However, he is only a mobile mechanic and his truck can't fit in my apartments garage. Best of luck to you!

It might be PCM issues, call @Wranglerfix and talk to them about your shifting problem. Your 06 Automatic is prime for problems due to PCM issue

This. I have an 06 that was having shifting issues, and it was the notorious PCM issue. Disconnect your battery for hours (overnight works) to reset the PCM, and see if there is any change in the shifting.

Wranglerfix I believe in based in Broward, if it is the PCM don't get a replacement anywhere else, worth the price.