Melted wire

Ted05Rubi

TJ Enthusiast
Melted the wiring going to the front differential trying to loosen a rusted lwr. ctrl. arm bolt, I didn't notice because I wear bifocals (it's hell getting old!) Burned the insulation but not sure about the wiring. Any thoughts? Is that pigtail easily replaceable? Thanks

I'd just tear off the insulation and inspect the wire. If it looks burned, cut the burned section of wire out and replace it with some new wire. Solder and heat shrink the new wire into place and you'd be good to go!

Reactions: Dawghouse
I'd just tear off the insulation and inspect the wire. If it looks burned, cut the burned section of wire out and replace it with some new wire. Solder and heat shrink the new wire into place and you'd be good to go!
I appreciate the advice! Kinda what I was thinking. Since its accessible, I thought I'd reassemble the Jeep, then test for correct operation and do as you say. Maybe even put some plastic wire loom over it as well. I hate dumb mistakes! Thanks, Chris!

Reactions: Chris