Metal Cloak Overline Fender Flares installation issues

Jack1138

I installed Metal Cloak’s Overline Fender Flares on my 98 TJ. I followed the instructions but now have a gap between the hood and the flares. I have not installed the hood latches yet but I do not see the hood meeting the fender flares as the radiator prohibits this. I have pictures attached. Has anyone run into this problem? Can anyone help me figure this out? I have contacted Metal Cloak and they said “It looks like the fenders are up too high on the grill. The hood looks like it is hitting at the transition of the inner fender.”
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0423.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try @jae , he recently installed the same MC fenders

How’s the firment in the rear? I had to raise it up some to reduce the overall gap. Try installing the latches as it pulls down the hood too. Also, make sure the hood latch in the front-middle is not in the way for some reason.

Reactions: ac_ and Chris
@Jack1138 give us a call at 916-631-8071 and my tech team will be happy to go over the install with you and see if there is anything not quite right. In the mean time, install the hood latches, make the the grill is sitting even on both sides and is not twisted in some way, check for any other clearance issues and see how it sits once latched.

Reactions: Chris
jeepaholic, how do you like your fenders? I have some rust issues on my stock fenders and was looking at these, I really like them but am having a hard time pulling the trigger on $700 for them.....

I've never liked tube fenders, but I have to admit, if I was going to put them on my TJ, the Metalcloak ones are undoubtedly the best looking ones in my opinion.

I've never liked tube fenders, but I have to admit, if I was going to put them on my TJ, the Metalcloak ones are undoubtedly the best looking ones in my opinion.
Same here. I'd like them a lot more if they came out straight from the top of the fender instead of going up. But then I guess you would lose some tire clearance. Just not a fan of the look generally, but they are some seriously stout fenders.

Just a thought, I'd normally install the bolts holding the inner guard facing down. Are you sure one of the bolts isn't hitting the bonnet lip and not letting the bonnet come down any further?

View attachment 28343
I thought the same thing, then realized 2 things -the bolt head on the outside looks cleaner, also the rounded bolt heads are not going to chew up a stuffed tire

Same here. I'd like them a lot more if they came out straight from the top of the fender instead of going up. But then I guess you would lose some tire clearance. Just not a fan of the look generally, but they are some seriously stout fenders.
Yes these fenders are super strong, with the metal cloak 3.5 lift and these fenders, 35s clear with just a little bit of room to spare as I had to set the bump stop so the shock didn't bottom out. This picture is fully stuffed. If the flares came straight off I'd need at least 2 more inches of bump stop
20170724_143559.jpg

Reactions: Don Ashcraft