Mid-rear rock light inspiration

thedustyboot

A drug habit would be cheaper
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Currently in the process of adding some rock lights and I'm curious what you guys have done for rear tire illumination? I have decent lighting installed for the front half of the jeep already and wanted to know what clever ideas you guys have come up with?

My tentative plan for the back half was welding brackets on the inner side of the frame and have lights pointing across to opposite tire. having them there should hopefully minimize dirt buildup when running the wet FSR's through fall/winter/spring.

I'd think you'd cast a shadow with the tire that would be annoying.

A second light behind the opposite front tire would eliminate the shadow.

Done enough theater lighting design...

Interesting idea. Have pictures of the front setup?

What are you using for lights and switches?

-Mac

no pics currently but can get one in a few hours once the ship ties up for the night.

current setup is three lights.
first one is under the rad just aft of front crossmember pointing on a sharp downward angle towards front axle.
second and third light are mounted just ahead of the firewall on the bracketry/supports for the front fenders and they illuminate aft of the front tires up to about halfway back on the vehicle.

perhaps a light tucked up next to a body mount and pointing at the rear tire might be a safe plan? what are your thoughts

Reactions: macleanflood