Might need to get a second Jeep

j8ksdad

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
We just got my wife's TJ about a month ago and have been fixing it up. I don't get to drive it very often but when I do, I really like it! We might need to get one for me as well. My daily is a loaded Suburban. There's just something about the lifted, manual transmission, spartan interior of the Jeep that really get me.

We just got my wife's TJ about a month ago and have been fixing it up. I don't get to drive it very often but when I do, I really like it! We might need to get one for me as well. My daily is a loaded Suburban. There's just something about the lifted, manual transmission, spartan interior of the Jeep that really get me.
Well then its settled. Go get you one Boy!!

Yup I have 2 as well, once we drove them once we never went back. How you feel is exactly how i felt so I traded in the Honda and got a TJ.

My Tj
jeep summer 2.jpg

The Wifes JL
JL.jpg

You should have driven CJ's. You got a steering wheel, light switch , 4 gauges maybe and a vinyl and hard foam wedge for a dash , a radio that was stolen the first summer you had it .

It was bare bones . The seats had one adjustment, the interior was 190 degrees in August, ice cold in winter, you had to get out and lock the hubs, the tops snapped on and the doors were just a steel frame with a skin.

And if you had one, you were immediately more popular.

I have 2 TJs and play with them all the time - love it.

Yup, that's how I ended up with one ... sort of.
I bought one for my 16YO's birthday, and had so much fun working on it and driving it around that I bought one of my own!

Reactions: j8ksdad
You should have driven CJ's. You got a steering wheel, light switch , 4 gauges maybe and a vinyl and hard foam wedge for a dash , a radio that was stolen the first summer you had it .

It was bare bones . The seats had one adjustment, the interior was 190 degrees in August, ice cold in winter, you had to get out and lock the hubs, the tops snapped on and the doors were just a steel frame with a skin.

And if you had one, you were immediately more popular.

I have 2 TJs and play with them all the time - love it.
Ain't that the truth!!!!!!

As a 14 yr old living on a ranch in TX. With a Willy's CJ to drive everywhere, I was the cool kids, especially when I took the back roads in it to school .........

Reactions: j8ksdad and AndyG
Don't be shy, go get another one for you!

Now you know why I strongly prefer the TJ over the JK and JL.

They just aren't the same. They drive so refined, so smooth, and so quiet. Nothing like a TJ at all!

I like that utilitarian feel of a TJ with not much going on inside, road noise, etc.

Reactions: j8ksdad