Military Memes

It all seems a bit odd to us brits. A medal ribbon here only comes with an actual medal. We do give out some for long service etc. but even a seasoned warrant officer would have 8-10 medals maximum. Most serving personnel have 3 or 4.

Reactions: Wildman
It all seems a bit odd to us brits. A medal ribbon here only comes with an actual medal. We do give out some for long service etc. but even a seasoned warrant officer would have 8-10 medals maximum. Most serving personnel have 3 or 4.
Service ribbons. Vs medals of achievement.

I’ve got ribbons for completing professional military education.

ribbons for good conduct. Those are worn on the service dress uniform.

when you get all fancy. That’s when you only wear the actual medals.

Yeah, I did not want to say too much but I was born in 1969.

Don't feel bad I was born in 1961 but the REAL slap in the face was some of my troops in Iraq were born AFTER I'd joined the Army in 1978. I was the OLD guy over there and got ribbed about it by a few of my troops. But I also had years of experiance that none of them had.

Don't feel bad I was born in 1961 but the REAL slap in the face was some of my troops in Iraq were born AFTER I'd joined the Army in 1978. I was the OLD guy over there and got ribbed about it by a few of my troops. But I also had years of experiance that none of them had.
Yeah, that was a weird feeling for me too, when airmen started showing up that were born after I came in.

I found out that one kid I was training was the son of a guy I knew from the first fighter squadron I was in. He was born about 6 months after I was in the squadron. LOL. o_O

Aren't some of these more like participation trophies?

Yep. The service ribbon we always joked saying it was cause recruits bitched cause they didn't have any ribbons. We called it the rainbow ribbon.

1630704469116.png

Global War on Terror, National Defense, Good Conduct, ARCOM -it's been a few years but did I miss any? Keep your dick clean and a set of orders just show up in your 201 file. Nice.

• Haha
In 2011 one of my Kiowa Brethren suffered an engine failure,

They crashed into a wall causing the copilot to be thrown and suffered paralysis from chest down

His pilot in command amputated his left foot and continued flying until retirement.

The copilot continued conquering life and is now a House of Representatives for Colorado.

Like @Wildman said you can be “handicapped”

Or you can take it as a challenge