Milwaukee 7 piece Nut Driver Set

Irun

A vicious cycle of doing, undoing, and re-doing!
Supporting Member
Picked up this very nice SAE Nut Driver set at Home Depot for $29.97. The normal price was $49 and the set goes from 1/4 to 9/16. They also have magnetic ends and work with multiple fasteners.

20240210_122843.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up this very nice SAE Nut Driver set at Home Depot for $29.97. The normal price was $49 and the set goes from 1/4 to 9/16. They also have magnetic ends and work with multiple fasteners.

View attachment 499515

Man...I was just at HD today, looking for some sort of deal to spend money on. Didn't see that one.

• Face Palm
Reactions: TJ Jim
What are you guys using these for? I bought a set years ago (not milwaukee) and I use them maybe a couple times a year mostly on worm gear hose clamps

Used to be an industrial mechanic so I’ve got a couple of sets. Used them mostly changing out electric motors. Now I’m like you, hose clamps go to tool.

Reactions: P man
What are you guys using these for? I bought a set years ago (not milwaukee) and I use them maybe a couple times a year mostly on worm gear hose clamps

I use them for things that require much more "feel", so I'm careful not to cross thread smaller bolts/nuts. Some examples are starting u joint strap bolts, valve cover bolts, oil pan bolts, especially the front ones that go into the timing cover, and anything that threads into aluminum. Also, anything involving plastic connectors or electronic.

A big plus on these is that they're magnetic, which comes in handy for installing nuts without repeatedly dropping them.

Reactions: tworley and P man

I use them on most anything they fit. If I break a fastener loose with a ratchet, it makes no sense to swing the ratchet handle to get something the rest of the way out or off. I'll grab a nutdriver to make it faster. I also use them for lots of assembly work where I don't want to try and start small nuts and bolts with my finger tips. Lots of feel with the nut drivers to turn the fastener backwards, feel it pop and and start, then spin it the right direction without cross threading.

I have several sets and use them daily. That said, most common is worm drive hose clamps.

Reactions: P man
Do not want. I already spend too much time digging metal filings out of my hex insert bits, I don't need that with my nutdrivers.

In your case, you're doing a lot more fabrication and I can see where this would be an issue. It's not a problem for me and the magnetic tips come in very handy.