Minimalist Overlanding / Camping Ideas?

Here is how far you can open it with a 23” measurement. I always thought it would be cool to do a dual level setup like yours but have the fridge slide out.

Your pictures are exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks for posting. I also would like to do a two level system in the back of the jeep with the fridge on a slide. Of course all of this adds up really quick. $$$

Your pictures are exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks for posting. I also would like to do a two level system in the back of the jeep with the fridge on a slide. Of course all of this adds up really quick. $$$

Awesome, glad I can help. I will be attempting to build a system like that once I get my table installed in the back and can get final measurements. I’ll post here once I start building it.

Hopefully there will be another sale before I'm dead.
Get on their email list and watch for a Labor Day sale. It was all free shipping also. Bought mine for not much more than the price of an equivalent usable size yeti.

deceiving thread title, there is nothing minimalist about any of this ;)

I basically take my backpacking setup (which I try to keep below 30 pounds excluding water), subtract the tent, add a hammock, a 6 gallon water tank, a few heavier cooking supplies (but only what fits into a large ammo can) and of course, a TJ.

View attachment 181337

How tall are you?

The best placed I've found for vetting outdoor clothing and gear is
www.outdoorgearlab.com
It's a consortium of professional hikers, backpackers and trekkers. That use the equipment in the field for some time. Like longer than you'd think. And then rate and write articles about each. It's invaluable. I'm big into the backpacking scene. And this site is my go to. If nothing else you'll find the full spectrum of what's out there. In any given category.

www.outdoorgearlab.com

Reactions: Apparition
The best placed I've found for vetting outdoor clothing and gear is
www.outdoorgearlab.com
It's a consortium of professional hikers, backpackers and trekkers. That use the equipment in the field for some time. Like longer than you'd think. And then rate and write articles about each. It's invaluable. I'm big into the backpacking scene. And this site is my go to. If nothing else you'll find the full spectrum of what's out there. In any given category.

www.outdoorgearlab.com

I second them, it's gotten to the point where I will almost always just get one of there top picks and have ended up very happy every time.

Here is how the CFX50 fits an a LJ if anyone was curious about that.

AD077161-25FB-4CF3-9E87-1584F772E0BC.jpeg
9D19B3D8-2DA6-49AE-B529-63C3EAFE553A.jpeg
93143F0F-CC9A-46BF-A8C1-3B623981F190.jpeg