MML Pucks or New Mounts?

kiwi

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Looking at Savvy MML to pair with the 1.25 BL, there are 2 options:
The MML pucks which use the stock bushings, or the entirely new mounts that are raised an inch. Which is the better way to go? The pucks are cheaper but if it is worth replacing the entire setup for some new bushings (stock ones have 100k on them), i will go that route.
Which is the better option?
TIA

I just put a MML on mine. I was going to get Savvy blocks but their website showed out of stock. I ended up getting JKS blocks for just a few dollars more on Amazon. I also replaced my mounts with MOPAR ones from Rock Auto. My originals had 125k+ miles and had some small cracks so I figured why not. No new vibes either.

On the JKS kit though, there is supposed to be two M10x1.50 - 60mm bolts in the kit, but mine had M8’s, so I had to make a trip to the hardware store for a couple bolts. Just check them before you get started.

56E911E8-B0DB-4DFB-A63D-C863104BC56C.jpeg
DEF667AB-6AE3-46B0-A25F-997B9025A5D3.jpeg

Reactions: kiwi and L J
I’m not sure on the quality differences.

The JKS kit didn’t seem like bad quality. I think someone just mistakenly grabbed bolts from the wrong bin when they were putting the kit together. It happens…

Reactions: kiwi
No difference in quality. Makes no sense paying for JKS spacer when Rough country has it for about $50. The only thing rough country I would buy.
@jjvw Would you agree?
Edit: RC about $60 JKS about $75

Makes no sense paying for JKS spacer when Rough country has it for about $50. The only thing rough country I would buy.

It was kind of a last minute decision for me. The JKS ones were the ones I could get the quickest in order to have them in hand on the day I had available to install it. The price difference wasn’t the end of the world.

Reactions: L J
The blocks are the way to go. New mounts are highly recommended, yours aren't good unless you changed them last week. Mopar is discontinued and probably wont be on Rockauto. I'd get any generic, rumors of their quality being low are just that. Your local auto parts store probably has some, the two on Rockauto for about $10 each will be fine too.

The blocks are the way to go. New mounts are highly recommended, yours aren't good unless you changed them last week. Mopar is discontinued and probably wont be on Rockauto. I'd get any generic, rumors of their quality being low are just that. Your local auto parts store probably has some, the two on Rockauto for about $10 each will be fine too.
Will i actually notice a difference in new mounts? This jeep has one owner and extensive service records so it hasn’t been abused. I’ll get new mounts if truly needed but if i won’t notice a difference i don’t see a point

Decided to go savvy for the BL and MML. The rough country added up to 75$, so for 10 more bucks i’ll just get savvy along with the BL, since i’ll be waiting for that to come anyway and i won’t be installing the MML unless i have a BL so there’s no rush.

Reactions: pagrey
if truly needed but if i won’t notice a difference i don’t see a point
You don't need new ones. I can't understand why somebody would pull a $10 part that is rubber and not just replace it. I also don't see the logic in getting some fancy $50 mount and then running it 15 years and thinking you've still got awesome sauce under the hood. Like anything, many opinions are out there and this is just mine.

Reactions: nathanotis
If you do some rough wheeling I would opt for the M.O.R.E Bomb Proof 1" MML's with the rubber bushings not the ploy bushings. Are they more expensive? Yes. Are they better then the spacer method Yes!

It was kind of a last minute decision for me. The JKS ones were the ones I could get the quickest in order to have them in hand on the day I had available to install it. The price difference wasn’t the end of the world.
Yea I agree it isn’t a deal breaker since they are roughly $10-$15 apart but it’s always good to save. I understand people need parts quicker and will pay up 2x the price. It’s not that in this case.
I just like to inform members they’re other motor mount spacers that work.
There was a new forum member recently who complained we only recommend top name brand stuff because he asked what’s the best lift and you might know what was the response to that lol.
We only recommend what works and what has been tested to work. Hence why most member said Currie or Savvy.
In this case a rough country motor mount spacer would work just as good as Savvy.

Reactions: MountaineerTom