Moab today May 29 2018

BendLarry

TJ Addict
I’m pooped! A lot of miles today. Took a wrong turn in Hell’s Revenge and saw most of it twice. My wife doesn’t do to good with a camera so here are few ho hum shots.
8993844fca41008d204d14129eb76db4.jpg
6f0cc09065d18832b023f6d39e199ef9.jpg
6d678dcbd96a5f9943a32af3582efb67.jpg
01a319e777cdde0a9b7b75e63a2c47cb.jpg
befe9917cac154dc94d39507514356b1.jpg
80d6fd18b1ecb8bb1b8e55f9b2f50f8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are your All Terrain tires (they are A/Ts, right?) doing in the rocks?

It looks like a lot of fun. The lighting may not be perfect, but the photos are still really great!

How are your All Terrain tires (they are A/Ts, right?) doing in the rocks?

It looks like a lot of fun. The lighting may not be perfect, but the photos are still really great!

The tires performed okay. On the slick rock they had great traction. In a few sandy stretches I could have gotten stuck if I slowed down.

Reactions: Chris
The tires performed okay. On the slick rock they had great traction. In a few sandy stretches I could have gotten stuck if I slowed down.

What do you have them aired down to?

Was going to ask you that. sidewalls don't look like they are giving much, even at 15psi. Nice shots though! Looks like you had the place all to yourselves.

Was going to ask you that. sidewalls don't look like they are giving much, even at 15psi. Nice shots though! Looks like you had the place all to yourselves.

Basically I was riding on the sidewalls. It was amazing today. Moab was a complete zoo last Saturday before Memorial Day and has been clearing out more each day. We did the 9 mile Fins and Things trail and didn’t see one other person. It started to get a little more active this afternoon when we did Hells Revenge and that can be a serious problem. There are many long steep climbs that are two way traffic. Nothing is more stressful than to be climbing something so steep all you see is the sky and wondering if someone is about to come down the same climb! My wife gets very religious in those moments!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris
Basically I was riding on the sidewalls. It was amazing today. Moab was a complete zoo last Saturday before Memorial Day and has been clearing out more each day. We did the 9 mile Fins and Things trail and didn’t see one other person. It started to get a little more active this afternoon when we did Hells Revenge and that can be a serious problem. There are many long steep climbs that are two way traffic. Nothing is more stressful than to be climbing something so steep all you see is the sky and wondering if someone is about to come down the same climb! My wife gets very religious in those moments!

I'll remember this for the future... Go to Moab after Memorial Day weekend, then everyone is heading home while I'm just getting there!

Reactions: BendLarry
I'll remember this for the future... Go to Moab after Memorial Day weekend, then everyone is heading home while I'm just getting there!

The weather has been perfect. 80’s we have never been here quite this early and usually it’s been in the upper 90’s on the trails. With an average speed of 3 miles per hour, it can get very hot!

I've been to Moab twice. I always go during the last week in March - first in April. Trails have always been pretty empty. I guess most people who want to head to Moab during that time go to EJS. I always leave two days before EJS starts and I've never found any issues with crowds. I've run hells revenge twice and I've never ran into any traffic luckily.

We went early to mid May in 2016, and other than the RZR fest we ran into that week, it was pretty nice. Rained on us a little the day we rolled into town, then nice and low 80's the rest of the week.

Nice! @BendLarry, man that 3rd picture looks very vertical that your dropping into!
Always looks like a blast, never been but I will someday make it over there.

Reactions: BendLarry
Im starting to appreciate my 5 inch lift a bit more. Today on the trails here in Moab I followed a couple of JK’s and one TJ all with something less lift than my Jeep. I heard a lot of scraping when dropping off some drastic drops, rear bumpers and hitches hitting ledge drops. I have yet to have my front or rear approach contact points hit anything. It’s a bitch to get in and out of, but with 33’s and a 5 inch lift, it’s pretty quiet sailing.