More Headlight Issues

JCross

Hi everyone. I have looked thru the threads and found a lot of people that have headlight issues also.
1999 TJ Sahara - 4.0 AT
I have replaced my switch and still get nothing.
The fuse is good
When I check to which wires have power when the switch is pulled all the way out I only have 3...the Black/Yellow, the brown and the brown/black. The light green does not have any power.

What can be done to get the headlights to work?

FYI, this is a rusty Michigan jeep, so there could be corrosion issues, I just don't know where to check.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Go to the headlights and test for voltage at the end of the harness (unplug the light). It could be a simple broken ground wire, or something in the harness. But you need to know how far the electrical power goes and then start tracing back until you find the break.
Be sure you have all your battery cables and ground cables clean and making good contact at all ends.
A bad ground is likely on a rusty machine.

As @Goatman says, check the power at the light connector. If they look like this, you'll need to replace them.

20210109_152624.jpg

With the headlight switch on and that plug mounted onto the headlight, see if you have 12 volts on the black ground wire. If you do there's a bad ground connection.

It turned out to be that there was no power going to the switch (Red/White wire) Once I made a jumper for it everything worked. So, somewhere between the distribution box and the switch, the wire is broke. No big deal, put a fuse on the jumper wire and all is good!