Morryde/exogate adjustment?

DustinfromOhio

TJ Enthusiast
When I bought my Jeep the po had already installed what I believe to be the morryde or exogate tire carrier system. I have no complaints as it functions perfectly fine, however now that I changed rim/tire size the lower tire snubs no longer contact properly. Is there a way to order additional spacers for the snubs or should I DIY my own? I would imagine it’s important for all 4 to make firm contact for tailgate health. Here’s a photo of the hinges to verify that is indeed what I have.
49364053-51A6-49B0-8E2C-00E596BC9340.jpeg

Hockey pucks are a little large for this application. It looks like the snub spacers are 1.5” diameter tops.
Your local hardware store has hard rubber stopper plugs in a diameter that will be close to what you need. I got some and they are ideal for the application.

all 4 to make firm contact

this is a red flag. early models had 5, I think later ones had 3, which makes me think you might be missing the one that mounts at the bottom, on the tub, below the tailgate. This one is possibly the most important because it stabilizes the weight of the tire on the tailgate so the tailgate isn't flexing on every bump.

I went to lowes and looked through various PVC couplings until I found one that was about the right height to put the snubbers into the tire. I didn't hit it perfect so I used some cut up bicycle innertube to take up the rest.

this is a red flag. early models had 5, I think later ones had 3, which makes me think you might be missing the one that mounts at the bottom, on the tub, below the tailgate. This one is possibly the most important because it stabilizes the weight of the tire on the tailgate so the tailgate isn't flexing on every bump.

I went to lowes and looked through various PVC couplings until I found one that was about the right height to put the snubbers into the tire. I didn't hit it perfect so I used some cut up bicycle innertube to take up the rest.
I may have miscounted since the tire was mounted already. I’ll check when I get home, good looking out.