MORryde / Exogate with Savvy Taillights

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
07AAFE02-11B8-4949-8E53-C380C9E0D41B.jpeg

Got it to fit, just took a little work with the cutting wheel.

Very impressed. This thing is so strong I can hang from it and it doesn’t give.

How do you like those Savvy tail lights? What did you do in terms of getting the LED's to work with the Jeep? From what I understand, you need to change or modify a relay.

How do you like those Savvy tail lights? What did you do in terms of getting the LED's to work with the Jeep? From what I understand, you need to change or modify a relay.

Love them! Definitely one of my favorite mods.

The taillights come with a new relay meant for LEDs. Plugs right in and works great!

Love them! Definitely one of my favorite mods.

The taillights come with a new relay meant for LEDs. Plugs right in and works great!

Really? Didn't know that. Did you order from the Savvy website? Says the flasher is sold separately on their website. If it is that simple, I might have to order some soon. They look great!

I got it from Savvy directly. I might be mistake, maybe it didn’t include the relay. I thought it did, but I guess not.

This is the relay you need just incase:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KQUZHRA/?tag=wranglerorg-20

They look great. I'll probably place some on order sometime soon. Do they click a couple times after you turn the turn signal off? I've heard that complaint from a few people. I was hoping they would work like factory. Would you say they work like that?

That MORryde looks awesome! Nice job with the cutting wheel, install looks professional. Any plans to add their CB antenna mount or rotopax hinge mount?

Reactions: wrecked
They look great. I'll probably place some on order sometime soon. Do they click a couple times after you turn the turn signal off? I've heard that complaint from a few people. I was hoping they would work like factory. Would you say they work like that?

Nope, no clicking at all. They work just like stock but way brighter, and nearly flush with the body. I love these things!

That MORryde looks awesome! Nice job with the cutting wheel, install looks professional. Any plans to add their CB antenna mount or rotopax hinge mount?

I'll definitely add the CB antenna, not sure about the Rotopax mount, but knowing me, I probably will.

I used a cutting wheel, then took a grinder to the edges to clean it up and make it smooth, and then I went over it with a really coarse sand paper just to make sure the finished result was nice and smooth.

I'm happy with the way it turned out!

Reactions: alittleoff
I have the Savvy's too. I bought my first set when he was at the Pomona Off-Road Expo. I waited for the black anodized ones to become available. Show Special with flasher included. And they do have the side markers built in, but no license plate light. No issue for me since my plate is on my spare tire. And damn there bright, especially in the fog.
Oh and the flasher does click a couple of extra times, but I'm used to it.

Reactions: Chris
View attachment 50928

Got it to fit, just took a little work with the cutting wheel.

Very impressed. This thing is so strong I can hang from it and it doesn’t give.
What kind of spare tire mount is that? I bolted my stock mount to the Morryde and it's just too flimsy and a little crooked for my liking. I could shim it, but I don't want to.