Most excellent QC

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
DSC_4294.JPG

Are those nuts threaded that far off axis? Yikes!
Yes they are. I bought 150 fixture nuts off of EBay a couple of years ago and built high strength trackbar flag nuts out of them. Surprisingly they have sold well enough that I now need to do it again. My searches for more were fruitless except for one listing on EBay from a place in China but they wanted 4+ bucks each for them. I asked for a quote for 150 which I found to be reasonable so I bought them. I get them in a few weeks later and the first 20 out of the bag are what you see.

I requested a return and so far the answers have been awesome.
Maybe you just got a few bad ones, did you check all of them?
Not my job, I grabbed one out of the bag, tried to thread a bolt in to check thread pitch, it was bad. I dumped out 20 more, none were acceptable.
We'll give you a partial refund if you keep the good ones.
I'm not checking all of them. If the first 20 are crap, I have no reason to expect that to improve.
Maybe you got the wrong size.
I buy 1000's of fasteners monthly, I know sizes but, size has nothing to do with quality.
Can you ship them back economy shipping?
Sure, as soon as I get an address that is written in English.

I just designed go/no-go thread plug gages for a medical manufacturer in China. Judging by the quality of their part print for a spine implant I can imagine standard type hardware gets no attention to detail. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris