Most expensive factory Wrangler

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Link

The limited-edition vehicle is the 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 392 20th Anniversary with heavy-duty off-road parts customization from American Expedition Vehicles.

Only 150 of the SUVs will be produced as part of a broader 20th Anniversary collection of Wrangler’s popular Rubicon model.

Automakers such as Stellantis, Jeep’s parent company, have of late been testing their pricing power on high-end and special-edition models.

107192271-1675977730418-Rubicon_AEV_jpg-2704941.jpg

CHICAGO – Jeep on Thursday revealed its most expensive Wrangler SUV ever, topping more than $115,000.

The limited-edition vehicle is the 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 392 20th Anniversary with heavy-duty off-road parts customization from upfitter American Expedition Vehicles.

Only 150 of the AEV SUVs will be produced as part of a broader 20th Anniversary collection of Wrangler’s popular Rubicon model. Automakers such as Stellantis
, Jeep’s parent company, have of late been testing their pricing power on high-end and special-edition models.

“We’re testing a different level for sure but the aftermarket is doing that now,” Jim Morrison, senior vice president and head of Jeep brand North America, told CNBC during an interview at the Chicago Auto Show. “Capability is the king for Wrangler, and we’re seeing it happening a lot more and we’re happy to be a part of it.”

Jeep owners more than any others in the automotive industry are well-known for adding massive amounts of accessories and aftermarket parts to their SUVs.

The new vehicle is powered by a V8 engine with 470 horsepower and 470 pounds-feet of torque that can accelerate 0-60 mph in about 4.5 seconds, according to the company.

Off-road parts include 37-inch tires and special AEV lights, bumpers, skip plates, shocks and other equipment for scaling rocks and other rough terrain.

The record-breaking $115,668 price tag is for the Jeep-AEV vehicle. The 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 392 20th Anniversary vehicle, without the extra off-roading capability, starts at $94,485. A plug-in hybrid electric version of the 20th Anniversary Wrangler Rubicon SUV starts at $71,380. All pricing includes mandatory logistics and destination fees.

All of the vehicles feature special-edition styling and badging for the 20th Anniversary of the Rubicon models, which are named after a renowned trail in California. They also include a new seven-slot grille, beadlock-capable wheels, 83-piece tool kit and other features.

Ordering for the vehicles will begin later this month, according to Jeep. They are expected to arrive in Jeep dealerships during the second quarter.

• Wow
Reactions: BlueC
I went into order a 392 with the XR package a few months back only to find out they had removed that option for the 392 two days prior. 🤦.
I did the smart thing (for once) and didn't force a purchase on another 392 model. In the end it just makes me appreciate a TJ even more.....those 392 prices are out of control.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoJeep and AndyG
Reactions: kmbarreiros
I guess we all have our idea of what the manufacturers should do-

First, those 150 won’t last an hour on market is my guess-

But back to the good derail, an engine more powerful than the 3.6 but less than the 392 in a ready to build chassis on locking Dana 44’s might be amazingly well received - I’m talkin’ bedtred type floor, seats, and a decent stereo, prewired for lights like an F250- a good portion of the Jeep market wants to build their own- we do all the time- give them a blank sheet of paper....then sell options- bumpers, rock rails, lights, etc- call it a Rubicon Bare Bones.

Of course we're not allowed anything "bare bones" here - effete Americans wouldn't buy it anyway.

You know that brings up another topic and I know this is really off track- Huntsville,Alabama is well educated, yada yada- go to a restaurant and the guys you see are less masculine- go to surrounding small towns, you see square toed boots, hats, beards and hear “I love you dad” at the restaurant. Gives you hope.

You know that brings up another topic and I know this is really off track- Huntsville,Alabama is well educated, yada yada- go to a restaurant and the guys you see are less masculine- go to surrounding small towns, you see square toed boots, hats, beards and hear “I love you dad” at the restaurant. Gives you hope.

You got something against round toe boots?

Lord no 😆- just referencing a styling cue-

Want a pair of Tecovas myself.

Tecovas has both. I’m quite fond of my black cherry crocodile ones though, square toe wouldn’t look right in the more exotic materials.

Tecovas has both. I’m quite fond of my black cherry crocodile ones though, square toe wouldn’t look right in the more exotic materials.

Yes I noticed they sold both-

Saw a guy with some real dark brown suede roper style tonite - they were sharp.

Check these out -kinda scratched my Tecova itch but not all the way-

image.jpg